We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

majestic sedona house redrock solutions

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
247 reviews
Save Topic
majestic sedona house redrock solutions

Has anyone rented the "majestic sedona" house by redrock solutions located downtown?

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

We are looking at this property now, did you stay here? Can you tell me about it?

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

No, but I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I will give a report when I get back.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

Thank you, I look forward to hearing about this and your trip. Have fun!

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

We were very happy with Majestic Sedona rented by Red Rock Solutions. This was the 2nd house we had rented with them. This house was probably a quarter mile away from uptown Sedona with all its shops, etc. but was located way up a hill with few houses. There were many windows and fabulous views of the mountains and red rocks. The hot tub on the lower deck worked perfectly and the views just perfect. And it was private enough not to worry about wearing a bathing suit. My wife and I watched the sun set sitting in the tub and sipping some wine and at night you can see so many stars. The house does not have modern flat screen TV's and in the living room the TV is on the small side. The upstairs TV has a VCR/DVD but the downstairs just a VCR. The mid-level with the living room and kitchen has no VCR/DVD. But I do not care about TV anyway. The beds were very comfortable and the house well equipped. It's on 3 levels so if you don't like climbing steps, the house is not for you.

There is a deck on the main level with a very nice gas grill and we did grill 3 dinners while we were there. I really liked this house and I will rent it again.

This was our 4th trip to Sedona. My wife and I are hikers and this area provides just a huge number of hikes of easy or moderate difficulty. We went on some really great hikes this week. If you want more information or pictures of the house send me a personal message.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

Thanks for your help. I ended up missing out, it was rented before I could get confirmed. I'd love to hear about the top five hikes you took. We are hoping to spend lots of time hiking as well.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,114 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

I posted this in another thread today but the message is appropriate for those reading this thread also.

Be advised that city ordinances in Sedona AND the Village of Oakcreek prohibit short term rentals of less than 30 days. Enforcement has been light, but never the less, if you sign an agreement to rent a private single family home for one week, both you, the landlord, and the agent (if any) are in violation of local ordinances. Don't be surprised if the neighbors are less than friendly, despite the fact that Sedona is one of the friendliest towns in the world. Some folks just don't enjoy seeing a constant flow of visitors in the house next door to theirs. How would you feel if your next door neighbor changed every week?

And although I stated that enforcement has been light, that could change at any time, and it would be a shame to have it spoil your vacation experience.

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

Go to Amazon or another site and purchase:

Sedona Hikes by Richard and Sherry Mangum. This book will give most day hikers everything to plan hikes that are scenic and appropriate for you needs.

Also get in advance the Sedona Outdoor Recreational Map by Beartooth Publishing. It has many of the trails and the roads to get to them.

I have done a good number of hikes in the area considering that I have only been to Sedona 4 times. I would be glad to give you my favorites but it would depend on your physical shape,age, length of hike, type of terrain, etc. So send me a message using trip advisor, let me know what you are looking to do and your hiking experience and I will go into greater detail.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,725 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

RedRox, just a question about the local ordinance if you don't mind. I am coming in a couple of weeks and we have rented a "casita" that is in a residential area and shares the property with the home-owner who rents out the casita. Is this legit? The website stated that this property met all the local ordinances and I took them at their word.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,114 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

It's hard to say. If it's in the greater Sedona area it probably is supect. But if you're dealing directly with the owner who is also in residence in the main home, you'll probably be under the radar.

I have a casita in my back yard. We host many visitors on a regular basis all year round. Some stay a week or more, some stay just a couple of nights. There's nothing that I am doing that is illegal. But if I was advertising and charging rent for the accomodations, I'd be in violation of the codes.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: majestic sedona house redrock solutions

I have really appreciated all the information I've received from the experts and the travelers to Sedona. RedRox, I have seen you post several times about the rental issue, and I value your opinion. If I rent a house through a local real estate agent who lista several houses for rent on a weekly basis, do you think I can assume they will adhere to the rules? Thanks for all the insights you have given into the Sedona and Grand Canyon area.