We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Sedona

Hi!

Hoping someone can help me. We will be in Sedona for one

day. What sights should we definitley see and a place to

eat that is not too expensive.

Thanks to anyone who replies. Really need help.

phoenix arizona
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona

The chapel of the Holy Cross is a church built into the rocks. Very popular tourist attraction.

Stop at the Chamber of Commerce on main street in Sedona to get a map of where all the rock formations are located.

Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona

Take the Pink Jeep Red Rocks tour. You won't be disappointed. For a fun lunch, go to The Red Planet Diner. Casual and inexpensive. Lots of shopping, art galleries and spas if you're so inclined (we went with our kids so didn't do those things).

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona

Wow - what a shame you only have one day - there is so much to see and do! Here are just a few examples -

Take the Sedona trolley tours - there are 2 scenic routes, and if you buy both tickets together it only costs about $18 per person. Each tour lasts for an hour and, one route takes you to Chapel of the Holy Cross.

Visit Tlaquepaque and Hillside for art galleries and shopping. There are also some interesting shops and galleries in Uptown.

Canyon Breeze shops in Uptown (on N Hwy 89A) have a good food outlet - you can eat you food at the cafe or take it away. There is also a Starbucks at Canyon Breeze.

The ticket offices for the Sedona Trolley and Pink Jeep tours are both close by.

There is a Pizza Hut on W Hwy 89A, and Spices restaurant in front of the Super 8 motel in West Sedona.

The Cowboy Club is a medium price restaurant with wonderful

food - try to eat there if you can.

Go to www.sedonabest.com - select "dining" for a full list and price guide for all Sedona restaurants. There is also a map showing their locations.

The same website will give you loads more info about attractions, tours, shopping etc.

Another website for info is www.visitsedona.com.

Have a great trip! :)

Ashland, Oregon
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona

eat at Oaxaca!!! (uptown sedona)

if you're on a budget, you can get a sampler plate for one thats enough for 2. anywhere around town you can get a 10% discount for many restaurants. there are other great deals. the fajitas are amazing, as well as the desert sunset margaritas!

Sedona
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona

Hi I live in Sedona and am second generation...There is NO Pizza Hut first of all! What I do reccommend is Picazzo's for fabulous, original, pizza, great salads, etc. Prices are not bad. Jeep tour would be fun they provide alot of history about the area. My favorite shopping spot is Crystal Magic.

Ashland, Oregon
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona

crystal magic indeed!

hi mamacita,

i live here too, v.o.c actually. i second that for pizza picasso, another great dine is the heartline, for sushi- tsunami's, all in west sedona and easily accessible.

hope you have a great time!

Level Contributor
306 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona

To you guys who live in Sedona -- my husband and I will be visiting for our first time in October and really looking forward to it. When we visit some place, we like to eat where the locals do and some place to get the "flavor" of where we are. Any suggestions? We will be in Sedona for 2 full days after arriving from Vegas and then will head down to Phoenix/Scottsdale to fly home. Is Jerome worth a look on the way to Phoenix? Thought about eating at The Asylum? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Did already book the Pink Jeep and am a thinking about the Verde Canyon RR -- Thanks for any help!

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona

Mamacita and shea111 - apologies on the Pizza Hut info.

I got the info from the print out I took from Sedona Best/ Dining website before our trip in May.

The listing said there was a Pizza Hut at 2245 W Hwy 89A, Sedona and even gave a telephone number.

I have just checked the site again. The listing format has changed, and Pizza Hut is no longer listed!!

How confusing!! :)

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona

AlohaMom,

I lived in Sedona for 8 years. Here is where the locals eat:

First of all, the Hideaway, an Italian restaurant literally hanging over Oak Creek with a perfect view of Snoopy Rock. I love it there. Eat outside. (This is NOT Highway Cafe- be sure you go to Hideaway)

Next, the Heartline is the most favorite amoung locals and with good reason. Excellent food.

Lately the Martini Bar and Sushi restaurant have become favs and I recently experienced them and they are both very very good.

I personally love the new Picazza Pizza - superb. Could eat there every day.

Also, I fantasize about the artichoke dip on fuccaccia bread at the Jerome Brewery. They have sandwiches too -but ask for the dip on bread. YUMMMMMMM! Oh my Gosh!!!

That's my list of local hangouts.

Long Beach, New York
Level Contributor
307 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sedona

Two seniors spending some time in Sedona and Scottsdale. Looking for somehting on the rather luxurious side. It's my wife's "big" birthday. Got any recommendations?