We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Sedona

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
215 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Sedona

WE just decided to rent a condo in Sedona for 6 nights... so we have 5 days to spend in Arizona. 2 days will just be "us girls" (which we plan to spend shopping, eating, and looking at art ) and 3 days when the hubby's join us..... Never been to the area.... we like a little hiking..horseback riding.... of course want to go up to the GC when the "boys" arrive. We are in our 50's in okay shape. WE love good local food.. not to expensive... not really into "fine" dining... We heard the pink jeep tours are nice....? Any suggestions for an itinerary??? horseback riding coompanies? restaurants for dinner? lunch? I'm a Santa Fe fanatic and was told that I would LOVE Sedona... So I'm excited to compare!!!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Sedona

For breakfast and lunch do the Coffee Pot. I also like Sedona Brewery in Telaquepaque. For outdoor activities try

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/

A nice side trip to Jerome, as well as a trip to Montezumas castle and well ruins and a train trip on the Verdi Valley Rail Road.

www.americansouthwest.net/arizona/map.html

Worcester...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Sedona

HI, we just returned from our second trip to Sedona in May. Be sure to see Oak Creek at Red Rock Crossing and wade in the creek. Visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross mostly for the views as they are amazing up there. Oak Creek Brewery is pretty reasonable and really good food as well as all types of beer. Javelina Cantina was really good with great service. Hike to Bell Rock - its a pretty flat trail and you can walk most of the way around Bell Rock. Stop by the Airport Mesa for sunset and visit the vortex up there. Montezumas Castle and Montezuma's Well are worth a visit as well as V-V (V bar V) to see the petroglyphs! These are fairly close to Sedona and you will pass the Montezuma's Castle and Well exits if you drive up from Phoenix.

Drive to the Grand Canyon the scenic way by Oak Creek Canyon its really beautiful. Stop at Sunset Crater and Wupatki on the way (detour) to the Grand Canyon and stop at Cameron Trading Post for lunch and some shopping.

Jerome is a nice day trip with a stop at Jerome Historic State Park.

I havent taken the Jeep Tour but see lots of smiling people on the jeeps around town it looks like a lot of fun and is on my next time list.

Worcester...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Sedona

Re: Verde Valley Train ride - I took the ride on my previous visit and found it to be too long and boring after a while since you go back the same way you came as it is not a loop track. There is too much else to see in the area to spend hours on the train IMO.

I found privatly owned Meteor Crater to be quite interesting. A huge crater in the middle of nowhere!

I have many more ideas but you only have 5 days..

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,493 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in Sedona

I think you'll find Sedona to be a pefect place for your getway. And you're spending enough time that you'll be able to a bit of shopping, sightseeing and relaxing every day, without rushing or worrying. Sedona is loaded with dining options. Everything is casual. Fine dining is not really a part of what we do here, although fine food is available. Tell us more about waht you really enjoy, and perhaps we can give you some more suggestions. If you love Santa Fe, you really will like it here. SF is one of our favorite places too. I'd put Elote Cafe at the top of list for dinner one night. (Very Santa fe ish)

5. Re: 5 days in Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 18:17