We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harley Ride

Greenville SC
3 posts
Save Topic
Harley Ride

Will be visiting Sedona the first week in October. Planning a day trip to GC, pink jeep tour, Oak Creek Canyon and a couple days just resting. Thinking of renting a Harley for one day - any ideas on where to ride? We own a bike and love riding. Rented one in CA two years ago and rode up the Pacific Coast Highway and across the Golden Gate. Hoping to top that with a ride in the desert..... any suggestions?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harley Ride

There's a place in Bellemont just 10 minutes east of Flagstaff on I-40 that's a Harley davidson place. Don't know if they rent. I believe there is one in Prescott as well. Not sure about sedona.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harley Ride

Here's a rental business in Sedona:

sedonamotorcyclerentals.com

I don't know anything about them. I'm sure they'll give you plenty of ideas about where to ride. My suggestion would be to go up to Jerome (old mining town turned artsy, built on the side of a mountain), and then continue over Mingus Mountain to Prescott/Prescott Valley. But if you don't like riding windy mountain roads, then don't do this one.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,771 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harley Ride

There are no less than two Harley rental stores in Sedona. Same number of Rolls Royce dealerships that I left in Palm Beach County when I moved here. Go figure.

Riding Oak Creek Canyon up to the GCNP is a popular ride, but IMHO, the ride that Janss mentioned from Sedona to Jerome and up over Mingus Mtn to Prescott Valley has to be the best. Jerome is a favorite stop for bikers going in both directions.

4. Re: Harley Ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:33