We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

Shippensburg...
13 posts
Save Topic
Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

Headed to sedona for our 20th anniversary. Staying at Junipine in Oak Creek Canyon in a Forest View Hot Tub "cabin", which I read is more condo. Any more info would be appreciated. Will be arriving in AZ Oct 5 and staying a week. How should I pack? Hubby thinks we can both fit everything into one suitcase and a carry on! I know it's our anniversary, but I do have outdoor plans requiring clothes! :) Staying also at the Sedona Real for a few days through a Fairfield Resorts Timeshare tour deal. Thought 90 minutes would be a trade off for 2 free nights to extend our trip. Any comments?

greenwood,sc
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

My husband and i are thinking of staying at the very same place in April for our 10th wedding anniversary do you have any suggestions?

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

Junipine is a great location and it sounds like you already know what to expect (some people think this is a resort - its not in the sense people think of as a resort).

Since this is November 7th, I will assume you mean weather in Nov or Dec. You will find mild days (cold in the morning progressing to mild during the day...which means layering is best if you are going to be outdoors all day. Nights can be very cold.

If you do hiking, you need to have some boots or ankle supporting hiking shoes/socks, coats, gloves, ear warmers, cap, some type of light backback. That should eat up all the room in any decent carry on without the several changes of clothes for hiking (clothes really get dirty with the red soil) and other Sedona activities you may need.

You alredy know about the "sales presentation". Be prepared for fairly high pressure and it could certainly be longer than 90 minutes. Think of it as being part of the deal you are getting on your room. One thing you can do is look up some of the timeshare resales on the internet for Sedona Real. Have the printout and when the sales person sees you know you could buy a timeshare on the secondary market for a fraction of their sales price, you may get out early...but don't count on it.

Eatonton, Georgia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

My husband and I loved the Junipine. I am reposting comments from Sept. 28 when I responded to someone else.

"My husband and I spent the night at Junipine last Thursday. It was pricey, but beautiful! We stayed in Creekhouse (condo) #44. I believe that all the condos are privately owned, and this one was VERY nicely decorated, not like a generic hotel room. Great big comfortable king size bed. This one was only a one-bedroom though, the upstairs bedroom was locked...must be where the owners keep their belongings...or perhaps the second bedroom is available when needed. You could hear the creek out back, and the deck was large with a nice hot tub waiting for us. It was wonderful soaking in the tub at midnight looking up at all the stars. It was very quiet...not completely secluded since the units are attached, but fairly private. The place was spotlessly clean. We did not use the fireplaces (one in living room and one in the bedroom, but firewood was supplied for both. The only thing that they could really improve upon is the coffee supply for the coffee maker....it was just the standard hotel pre-packaged coffee in a filter.

We didn't eat there, we ate at the Cowboy Club in Sedona. Had a great thick pork chop that was perfectly seasoned and cooked.

The Junipine is about 8 or so miles from Sedona (I think) and the drive is winding but beautiful."

I wish we had spent a couple of nights there. Everything was very well maintained. Full-size refrigerator with icemaker, coffee pot, coffee ,sugar, etc., paper towels, dishwashing liquid and powder for dishwasher, fire already set in the living room fireplace. We didn't have a real clear view of the creek from our back deck, but you could hear it.

The fireplaces will be great in the cooler months! It is a little secluded from Sedona. We had TV's in both the bedroom and the living room. Also, there was a small selection of books in our unit, as well as current local magazines.

I highly recommend the Junipine.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

One more question: I am about to book a room at the Junipine and wanted to know if the "forest view" rooms were very different from the "creek view" rooms. I am sure that either is pretty, I was just curious!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

Just wanted to post that I spoke to a rep at the Junipine yesterday and he advised that the creek view is worth the extra $$ only if you are planning on spending a lot of time in your room/deck.

6. Re: Junipine, Sedona Real and Fairfield resort timeshare tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 21:20