We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

After almost 2 years of planning, our dream is coming true. I have spent many hours reading posts here at T/A, and so many of you don’t even know how your posts helped in planning our trip. Kate410, RedRox and StLcardfan, each of you have helped me personalize our trip and I can never say thank you enough. This is our 30th wedding anniversary trip, and we’ve had to cut it shorter than we planned, but we are still able to come and so very thankful.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Have a great trip Cotton Tennessee, I'll be right behind you. We're coming May 9th-14th for our anniversary. Please post a trip report when you come back and let us know what a great time you had.

Happy anniversary and have a great vacation.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

MrsRedPony and I will celebrate 31 this year, so hopefully we can toast our anniversaries together! OJ at Wildflower! Have a safe journey.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Ah, you're a bunch of newlyweds. I have you both beat.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Hi NYRunaround, and thanks. I will post a report. We were going to stay for 6 nights, but had to cut it back to 3. And, RedRox, we are looking forward to toasting with OJ at the Wildflower, too!

So, we are newlyweds? How long have you been married, NYRunaround? I hope that you have a blast out there.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

I'll be married 41 years on 4/20 (Monday) and it seems like yesterday. I was quite young when we got married. I always tell my husband that he robbed the cradle.

We're going to Vegas for 4 days and visiting Red Rock and The Valley of Fire. We'll then drive to Sedona for 4 more days. I'm really looking forward to seeing Sedona. I have heard so many nice things.

We're staying in "Paris" Las Vegas and Best Western Inn of Sedona. I also booked the Pink Jeep Tour and the Verde Valley Train ride. I wasn't so sure about the train ride since I hear it's a little long, but my husband is a train buff so I think he'll like it.

Enjoy your trip and don't forget to write.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Congrats to all of you having an anniversary this year-lol. Our 31st will be this year, also. Alas, we will not be in Sedona celebrating it. But have a wonderful time for those of you that are celebrating it in Sedona.

sedona,arizona
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

I hope you have a wonderful visit. You are coming just in time for the weather to warm up.. enjoy this stunning place!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Thanks, everyone. I now have a small carry on packed!

My husband's company started layoffs 10 days before our original trip. His job is quite secure, but we felt it best to cut back on our trip. Then we had another thing come up that we thought would cancel our trip, but things worked out. After all the things that have come up and we are still able to come, we both believe that this trip will be more meaningful than ever.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

I'm so happy that you are coming next week. It seems

like you have been planning this trip for so long. I remember when it was still 6 months away. I'm glad that you have overcome the hurdles along the way, and I hope we can meet too. BTW we had our 16th anniversary earlier this month!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suitcase #1 packed - 7 days & counting!

Have a wonderful trip! Spring is finally headed to the Southwest!