We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona hotel question

New York City
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona hotel question

We are a family with 3 boys (10, 8, and 1.5), who don't sleep so well, so we're trying wherever possible to get suites so we can have a separate bedroom for privacy and so they'll sleep better. Most places on the trip there's so few choices it was easy, but Sedona has several that look good. Since we'll be there 2-3 nights, we'd like nice red rock views. What would you recommend among the following:

BW Arroyo - this was my first choice, with a king plus a sofabed in the living area for $189 (AAA), but on the phone they told me 5 people is too many and I'd need an expensive villa.

Sedona Real Inn - Suite with king, queen, and sofa bed for $175

Kings Ransom - King suite for only $120 with their discount pricing, but the negative reviews worry me

Sky Ranch Lodge - 2 queens plus kitchenette for $110 - the views sound amazing, but the lack of suite and updated rooms doesn't sound great

Also, is any in a more convenient location for the activities we'll be doing?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Sedona Real Inn and...
1,595 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sky Ranch Lodge
Sky Ranch Lodge
1,410 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,854 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona hotel question

Of the four places you list, I'd choose BWAR or Sky Ranch. JMO. Sedona Real probably has the best arrangement for your family sleeping requirements.

You will sleep. The fresh air and altitude and outdoor activity will wear you out. Count on it. Having a view from your room, simply does not matter. Trust me. When you walk outside, anywhere in Sedona, there will be views all around you. That's all you need.

If you want a real suite, consider some of the timeshare resorts on a rental basis. BWAR is one and offers the option, but like you found out, prices will be much higher.

Sedona is a small town. it's less than 10 miles from one end to the other, and all of your activities will be within a 10 mile radius. Everything is convenient.

Mentioned in this post
Sky Ranch Lodge
Sky Ranch Lodge
1,410 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Sedona Real Inn and...
1,595 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
2. Re: Sedona hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 07:17