We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Construction?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falls Church, VA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging Construction?

Hi,

I was looking at Orchard Inn for a possible brief stay. Is it currently open? Is there still construction going on around it at LAuberge? Would you recommend the Orchard Inn?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,712 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Construction?

Yes there is still construction taking place at L'Auberge on Oak Creek which is directly below Orchards Inn. Orchards is up above on the street level in Uptown, but located back in behind the store fronts and local businesses. They have a prime location in Uptown, but in spite of that they never seem to get reviews that are better than mediocre and the most positive factor is always the location.

I confess that I've never been inside any of the rooms at Orchards Inn. People I know who have stayed there have only commented that the rooms were a bit cramped. However, as I often remind posters, when you stay in Sedona you shouldn't really fret about your room or the views from it. All you really need is a place to sleep at night.

If you subscribe to that notion, then Orchards should be fine. If you plan to hang out in your room all day then you'll probably not like it there. But then you won't get much out of Sedona either.

I can't say with certainty, but I believe that Orchards gets a heavy amount of their business from the bus tours that stop over night in Sedona. As I said, the location is very convenient in the midst of Uptown.

Falls Church, VA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Construction?

Thanks, Red Rox. I really appreciate the info. I love Sedona and wanted to stay at Orchard Inn for a few days so I would be right in Uptown.

I'm spending the rest of the week at Sedona Rouge without a car, so I needed to get my Uptown Sedona Mojo before then.

How available/expensive are taxis if I need one?

Again, Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,712 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Construction?

Taxi services in Sedona are very limited. There are less than a dozen vehicles that I know of. The actual number might be half that. So if you intend to use taxi services, make your arrangements as far in advance as you can and expect to wait almost as long as it would take to walk somewhere on your own.

Sedona AZ
Level Contributor
75 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Construction?

There is also a trolley which goes to many areas of Sedona for vistors.

5. Re: Lodging Construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 05:18