We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Observatory

Cincinnati OH
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Observatory

RedFox I was wondering, I haven't quite figured out how far it is to go see the Lowell Observatory. We are staying in Sedonna at the Hyatt and I have a rental car for the week. In your opinion, if it worth driving to Flagstaff one evening to visit the Observatory and Museum? Thanks in advance for your expertise!!12 days and counting for my first visit!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,186 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Observatory

It will take about an hour to get to the Lowell Observatory from the Hyatt in Sedona. The value there is in the people who can share the night sky with you and the telescope that they have. You can find people in Sedona who are just as knowledgeable with lesser quality viewing devices. When I walked outside last night at 8:30 there were as many stars in the sky as I have ever seen here. Probably more than you've ever seen in your life. If you have a basic knowledge of the night sky, you'll be blown away. If you want to learn more, you can do it in Sedona or Flagstaff.

The drive back from Flag to Sedona at night is VERY dark.

Cincinnati OH
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Observatory

Thank you so much! Good point about drive home. I think we might try evening tours in Sedona. We are not knowledgeable about the stars at all and would love to be! I am quite sure I'm going to see more stars than I've ever seen in my life. Can't wait :)

3. Re: Observatory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 06:16