We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona vacation

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Sedona vacation

My husband and I are wanting to travel to Sedona. We are thinking about going in late December for about 5 days. He has never been before and is interested in also seeing the Grand Canyon. It has been years since I have been but I just fell in love with the beauty and peacefulness. Will late December be too cold to really experience Sedona? Any recommendations on an itinerary- things to do, places to stay would be great. We are definitely up for a lot of relaxing- spas, and the serenity of the area as we both really need to recharge our batteries but also gentle hiking and exploring the region is a must. I'd prefer to stay in a secluded boutique type hotel rather than a chain and we will have a car as we will fly into Phoenix and drive.

We could put this trip off till spring if it would be a better time of year weather wise. Thanks so much for any help!

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
361 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona vacation

I would say December is a great month, but not if you want to lounge around the pool. In that case, I think the later spring would be better. In Dec, early mornings and later evenings can be cool, but wonderful.. The only caution about the GC might be to check out the weather. They do get snow in Flagstaff and GC, but it might not impact your trip at all. In any case, have aeat time.

2. Re: Sedona vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 06:25