We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

summery - bi plane..is PRISON IN THE AIR FOR 30 MINS

hello ..i was in sedon with my 73 year old father on last september

turns out god tried to help us not getting to fly in the bi plane...by causing a huge cloud of rain to give way on us while we where just about to board..something that area didnt see for decades...but sadly we didnt get the hint.

we came back the next day and took the 30 bi plane tour..

well...me and my dad love planes and been on them..and asked for some fancy flying ...

what we got is a several miles high flight...30 mins...u cant hear nothing....u cant see nothing cause THE BLOODY NOSE OF THE PLANE IS ALWAYS TILTED UP SO U CANT EVEN SEE INFRONT

the pilot mumbles something every now and than like...this is rock A and this is rock B....its like a taxi in the sky and u can do nothing...he flies straight ahead...and its no better than commercial jet flying over a destination...we failed jailed..and counted the time for it to end...i suffered it for my father and he thought he is suffering it for me...at last we landed..oh god..i nearly kissed the ground...

that was 500 bucks thrown to the trash ...and because of that ..we arrived too late to our other places...

the plane looks beautiful but dont go near it.....

NOW A TIP = all the tour flight things generally suck...because when the day goes past 1100 am the air gets hot and flying near the ground with a chopper or planes..is a furnace experience...save the bucks...only take a choper or plane to fly to a certine location..like from vegas to grand canyon and than boat ...

DONT

EVER

GO

TO

THAT

BI PLANE...

ITS EXPENSIVE ,USELESS, BORING AS HELL, ALL U HEAR IS THE NOISE OF THE PLANE, U CANT SEE INFRONT ...WELL U GET THE POINT

i swore to myself that i will write this down so that no one else will make our mistake

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,797 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

What did you expect?

Seriously, I'm sorry that you had a lousy experience. It's a genuine antique air plane. If you want to experience the beauty of Sedona, stay on the ground. If you want a thrill, go for a flight. It's not a stunt plane.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,091 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

Come on.Prison in the air? Thats a little harsh.Even if the ride did suck.You are not being held captive against your will.

Hey Red is there a sailplane/glider airport near Sedona?I would love to fly out there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,797 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

Check with the Sedona airport. There's also a strip in Cottonwood and another near Rimrock. I have some friends in VOC who fly their own aircraft including sailplane/gliders. I'm pretty sure they use Sedona and Rimrock.

israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

we went for it because its an antique airplane...but antique bi planes flew CLOSE to the ground...

but so u understand....we asked him to do so...the HUMAN AND DESCENT thing to do is to say that he cannot and that he will fly only at so and so attitude .....he did not...they did not..no one did..

thats what made us so upset ...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,797 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

I believe your expectations were unreasonable. Sedona is not an environment where any aircraft should be flying close to the ground except on take off and landing.

NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

My husband and two sons just took the biplane ride on Wednesday and had a fabulous experience, in fact, my husband went twice. The pilot was wonderful and the thrill of flying in an old open air cockpit is what this ride is all about. They took a similar ride in the Keys a few years ago, so maybe they knew what to expect.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but it is fun for some people and we considered it worth the hefty price tag.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

The pilot should have told you they can't fly close tot he ground. They are not allowed to by the airport manager. I happen to agree with you about your experience. I've heard similar responses about the bi-plane tours. They have a bad safety record. Call the Sedona airport manager.

Sedona AZ
Level Contributor
75 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

We send guests there who love the experience, in fact we have them here now.

Its a great ride and lovely addition to the Sedona airport.

9. Re: dont go near the BI PLANE!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 05:17