We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

San Francisco...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

My husband and I have a trip planned for the end of May, first family trip with our 14 month old daughter. Hoping to do some light hiking and outdoor exploring, just wondering what can & can't be done with a baby. Planning to stay at Hyatt Pinon Pointe for 5 nights.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

Do the typical Sedona experiences, minus a jeep tour, but less aggressively. Visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross. See some galleries, Drive up and back in Oak Creek Canyon. Do some short hikes or walks at places like WestFork, Bell Rock, Airport Overlook, Fay Canyon and of course, Red Rock Crossing. Spend a half day in Jerome.

San Francisco...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

Thanks for the info, what about Slide Rock, I realize the water will be freezing, but is it worth seeing?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

Personally, I think it's over rated. I'd rather swim or play in the creek at West Fork, Red Rock Crossing, Grasshopper Point, or even at Los Abrigados in town.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

Slide Rock is a natural water slide; probably not a great idea with a child who doesn't swim and not worth the fee, if you don't intend to swim there.

I agree with RedRox and play in the creek at his suggested locations.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

The other thing not mentioned about slide rock is how slippery the rocks can get. Not good if carrying a child or the child slips and falls. I fell and was taken out in an ambulance with a concussion.

Edited: 05 May 2010, 17:20
Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

Important to bring a stroller if you plan to do any shopping and there is great shopping in Sedona. Also, many don't know about the wonderful park on Sunset drive at the top of the hill -great place to let the little one just run! If you are going hiking, make sure you bring a good sun hat for the little one! Don't recommend Slide Rock with a little one except to stop on the roadway and look at how beautiful it is!

San Francisco...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

Thanks for the info. Planning to bring a stroller that does good in the dirt. Will skip slide rock though. i bought hats for all of us too. Thanks to all for the helpful input.

8. Re: Suggestions on things to do with a 14 month baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:16