We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend restaurant query

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
229 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
weekend restaurant query

We will be in Sedona for a Saturday and Sunday night in late June, and I am trying to scope out places for dinner and determine if reservations are necessary. We're traveling with two teens who, while they have healthy appetites, do not care for formal or sophisticated menus, which leaves a lot of Sedona restaurants as non-starters. We look forward to eating at the Cowboy Club, but I am told they do not take reservations. When do they begin to get busy on a Saturday night? Are the shops still open while we wait for a table? Would we have a shorter wait there on Sunday night? For the other night, I am considering Red Rock BBQ, Barking Frog, or perhaps Picazzos (Dahl & Diluca's menu looks fine, but it's a bit expensive for pasta.) Are reservations necessary at those places (if they even take them)? How busy do they get on a Saturday and Sunday night? I'd prefer to avoid a long wait if possible (but also would prefer not to have dinner at 5 p.m.) So, if it's either wait a while or find a place that takes reservations, we'd probably opt for the latter. Thx for your help!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend restaurant query

Since the Cowboy Club is uptown the stores will be open usually till about 8pm from our experience so you can look at some of the stores while waiting. I can't help with the Saturday night crowds as we usually go during the week.

Another place that has good food and does take reservations is Shugrue's and you can ever reserve online. They have a great outdoor patio that sits up high and has great views. You may be interested in trying that also. It's just beyond Talaquepaque.

http://www.shugrues.com/hsg/

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend restaurant query

Silver Saddle at The Cowboy Club will take reservations.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,155 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend restaurant query

Silver Saddle is reserved for adults only and has a more sophisticated menu.

For a more casual and lower priced pasta and Italian menu, consider the Hideaway. You won't need reservations. Waits, if any, are short.

Edited: 14 May 2010, 15:01
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weekend restaurant query

I would take them to Cafe Elote. I went there last year and can't wait to go back. Not fancy and I think I would have really liked the food as a teenager.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weekend restaurant query

You will likely have a long wait at Elote -- over an hour. And I thought the food was just "so-so", and somewhat bland. I would stick with Cowboy Club.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weekend restaurant query

picazzospizzasedona.com/picazzos/appetizers/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31352-d49…

No one mentioned this restaurant (Picazzos) so I'll give you my two cents. We ate there once and we enjoyed not only the delicious food, the casual atmosphere, good service, but the ability to get good pizza that was much better than the typical pizza you buy at the chain restaurants. It's a very casual restaurant that was "really hopping" the night we were there. I don't know if they take reservations or not but it would be worth calling - all they can say is no. I gave you the web site for their location and for the reviews on TA

Edited: 15 May 2010, 17:53
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,155 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weekend restaurant query

Elote has expanded their dining room and waits have decreased. It's still the most popular place in Sedona along with the Cowboy Club.

Everything in Sedona is casual. Everything.

8. Re: weekend restaurant query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 06:18