We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping for Jeep tours

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping for Jeep tours

Is it customary to tip the driver on a Jeep tour? If so, how much?

Thanks

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping for Jeep tours

Most of the guides you will utilize on your trip, whether float guides, jeep, or antelope canyon guides primarily work similar to waiters and waitresses. They get a minimal income, and the majority of their earnings come from tips. I think I gave the jeep guide $20 for the two of us, and the raft guide $25 for both of us. I also gave the guide for the Antelope Canyon tour $10 for us both.

They were all excellent, and worked hard for their tips. They all seemed very appreciative and I never gave it a second thought--it was just part of the tour, just like tipping is part of a nice dinner out.

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping for Jeep tours

I agree, we weren't sure how much to tip so we gave him a $10.00

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping for Jeep tours

Thanks, that's what I expected, I just want to do the right thing. Can't wait.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,081 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping for Jeep tours

In the last year or so many of the best jeep guides in Sedona have been released from their positions for no other reason than the bad economy. The loyal employees had worked for many years and had received minimal but steady raises each year. Most of them started out working for $7-8 per hour plus tips. As they got up into the $12-15 per hour wage range, the companies released them to hire newer, less experienced, but capable guides for half the price.

The point is, these men and women rely heavily on tips, and they do their best to earn them. If you enjoy your tour, don't be afraid to show your appreciation.

5. Re: Tipping for Jeep tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 07:18