We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Trip-25 years

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ca
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Trip-25 years

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary and I chose Sedona beause I want to take a hot air balloon ride. We have never been there are need help. We will be flying into Phoenix and then driving in. I need suggestions on where to stay, is hotel better than B&B? Would like to spend under $250 per night. Also what is the weather like in early November. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Trip-25 years

Bumping this message for responses.

I think your post was somehow overlooked.. I prefer hotels/resorts over B&Bs. That's a personal choice. I enjoy the extra services that resorts have to offer over B&Bs. Romance is not dictated by WHERE you stay but rather WHO you are with. I hope you will have the opportunity to have lunch creekside at L'Auberge and a lovely late lunch or dinner at Enchantment. Both places offer not only a romantic setting but excellent food and service. The Silver Saddle Room at the Cowboy Club also offers a lovely setting - request a booth when you make a reservation;. This web site will offer you average temps for November in Sedona http://www.dreamsedona.com/weather.html

Happy Anniversary!

greeneyes67
Level Contributor
54 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Trip-25 years

Wow! 25 years... I also prefer resorts to B & B. But I do recommend Canyon Villa for B 7 B. Great location and super staff.

For resorts, I really like the Sedona Summit Resort in West Sedona. I have stayed there myself & have also had family stay there numerous times. The resort has heated pools, hot tubs, fitness, etc... The one bedroom suites have fireplaces, whirlpool tubs & kitchens. AND balcony. Normally it is very affordable.

Hot air balloons do go up in November, but it is rather chilly in the early morning when they go up...

Food? For really great food I like Fournos in West Sedona. Five-star Chef, bistro setting, affordable wine list. I also like Tii Gavo for appetizers & drinks. Even in November you can sit outside & enjoy views.

Happy 25th!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Trip-25 years

The weather in November in Sedona should be beautiful - cool during the day, (60's?) although definitely colder at night - bring a coat/jacket/sweaters, and dress in layers. For things to do in addition to a hot air balloon, the most poular are hiking and the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep Tour. Do take a drive up into Oak Creek Canyon. Also, peruse this forum for more suggestions.

As for where to stay, I personally would not choose a timeshare place for my anniversary - which is what Sedona Summit is. There are some very pushy salespeople there, and the service is just so-so. (Greeneyes, are you affiliated with or friends with the people at Sedona Summit? Just curious; it seems to be the main place you always recommend.) Summit is good especially for large families/groups that need space to spread out, but there are many other lodging options in Sedona that are far more romantic, IMHO.

To the OP - my husband and I love B&Bs because of the personalized service, unique rooms, gourmet breakfast, and extra amenities they provide. We also find it pleasant to chat with the innkeepers and other guests. Sedona has some of the best B&Bs in the world; I recommend staying in one of them for something as special as your 25th Anniversary. There are B&B rooms for all price ranges; some rooms have jacuzzi tubs with views, in room fireplaces, views of the red rocks, balconies, breakfast in bed, or all of the above. Peruse the TA B&B reviews, or ask us if you have specific questions or amenities you'd like. (In town vs. out of town, particular view, etc.) Some of the best/most popular, are:

Canyon Villa B&B - excellent service, rooms, and views

Sedona Cathedral Hideaway - again, great service, rooms, and views; smaller place with only 2 rooms.

Inn on Oak Creek - Delicious breakfast, jacuzzi tubs with views, nice location on Oak Creek and right in town near the "Y". Don't get the rooms that face the road, though.

Las Posadas - good value compared to some other B&Bs

Adobe Grande Villas (expensive, although sometimes they offer discounts; their reviews are found under the Sedona "Hotel" section )

If you don't want a B&B, then I definitely recommend the Enchantment Resort. The location is gorgeous, especially if you want to do much hiking. It's a bit out of town, but worth it. Wherever you choose to stay, definitely tell them it's your 25th Anniversary. Most places do something special for an anniversary stay.

Happy Anniversary!

4. Re: Anniversary Trip-25 years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 07:12