We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Abrigados

South Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Los Abrigados

Los Abrigados doesn't appear very high on the TA hotel list. There are lots of positive reviews; but negative ones about the need for remodeling and pushy timeshare salespeople.

We own a timeshare and might look to trade into this resort for June of next year. Since we own; we have no problem telling the timeshare people to "buzz off", and would not be staying there on a timeshare presentation deal anyways. I'm OK with the rooms not being the most up to date because the rest of the entire resort and the shopping center next door look like a great fit for our needs.

I saw a recent trip report that mentions the ownership changing recently (in the last few weeks?) and some updating and construction happening soon. That wouldn't completely cause me to change resorts; but I'm wondering if any recent visitors or locals have heard of any upcoming construction/noise issues and/or other issues I've not run across that would cause me to rethink this resort. We would be staying for 3 nights.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Abrigados

I haven't stayed there recently, but my 3 previous visits were good. Great facility. Change in ownership is proposed to transfer to Diamond Resorts. That's who owns the best places in Sedona and we trade with them every year. has to be an improvement. I wouldn't worry or change.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Abrigados

Thanks for the info, RedRox. I think this will work out great for us.

Also, with your help, and the suggestions from other threads about making less stops and spending more time at those locations while on a long trip: we're adding a 3rd night in Sedona instead of our original two. Still won't get to see everything; but we'll see more than we would have. Plus, a resort like this will be fun to spend some quality unwinding time.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Abrigados

Have stayed 3 times for one week each time. If you don't sign up for time share stuff upon check-in, you won't be asked again. Make sure, if you like to lay out at the pool, that you ask for one close by to the pool. The resort is beautiful and the best location, I think, in Sedona. Make sure you walk down to the birding area down by the creek. So beautiful. Didn't see it till the 3rd time, and a favorite place for us. Tons and tons of fitness classes (about 40 per week) that are free to you, as well as the pool, club, sauna, lockers, steam. Discounts for the spa also if you choose to use. Nice restaurants all around you in walking distance and on property. Helpful and professional. If you want absolute perfection, then it's not for you but I travel a great deal and worked at 19 resorts. Its a nice property and breautiful grounds! We always get the room with the king bed! Nice layout. staying at a house this year for one month in September!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Abrigados

Thanks for the review, Jenifer. While there are so many wonderful things to do in Sedona; we don't want to get lost in all of it and forget about the relaxing vibe you hear the area is famous for. Plus we'll be on a 3 week road trip. We get the fact that you can't do/see it all; and really want to make an effort to have time to just relax for part of the trip. Sedona is definitely one of those places.

I think this resort will be a great home-base to get the best of both worlds. I'll note the birding area by the creek and make sure we get down there. I didn't know you could request rooms at check-in. With all our other timeshare exchanges, we've always been assigned a room when the exchange was made.

Edited: 27 August 2010, 11:58
5. Re: Los Abrigados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 05:18