We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Auberge: Spa Cottage vs.Garden Cottage

Anderson
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
L'Auberge: Spa Cottage vs.Garden Cottage

Does anyone know if it's worth the extra $100+ to stay at the new spa cottages vs. the garden cottages? I don't believe either has a view, although I know the view is everywhere once you walk a bit outside, so that's OK. Will be staying 3 days. Thanks for your help!

Anderson
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Auberge: Spa Cottage vs.Garden Cottage

I should clarify, so you have more details to help with suggestions: it's a special getaway time for an anniversary.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Auberge: Spa Cottage vs.Garden Cottage

I ws just at L'Auberge last week and very impressed with all their renovations. I hardly recognized the resort. I prefer the creek side cottages myself - especially #19 or #20. The new cottages on the hill have nice views of the red mountains but seem a little stark on the inside for my taste. The sound of the water is unforgettable.

Be sure to dine down by the creek and enjoy the ambiance! The private outdoor showers are amazing. I'd pass on the garden cottage - location doesn't do it for me. I didn't see the spa cottages during our tour but they sound nice. Hope this helps a little. By the way all parking is now valet only but it is free and they refuse to accept tips

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Auberge: Spa Cottage vs.Garden Cottage

If it's a special occasion, I would for sure go for the spa cottage, the tub is really nice and the decor and location is much better than garden. Spa cottages are completely separate, but the garden can be joined and I don't think they have the outside shower. With either choice, I would want to know which one I was staying in as location could make or break. I just posted a very long trip report with lots of info on L'Auberge.

L.

4. Re: L'Auberge: Spa Cottage vs.Garden Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:25