We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Sedona October 20-24 for our Anniversary. I am having a really hard time deciding where to stay. We are in our mid 30' and enjoy a nice hotel experience. It doesn't always have to be 5 star but I want to feel the value of the expense. Amara and Enchantment are around the same price, L'Auberge is more, I just dont know if it is worth it. Any advice is appreciated!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,495 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

L'Auberge has to pay for the huge reconstruction/renovation they just completed. You won't be disappointed with Enchantment or L'Auberge. I'd avoid Amara. Reports I get are less than encouraging, from locals and visitors alike.

You're only going to be here for 4 nights. What do you think you're going to do in that time?

Enchantment has the more spectacular location. L'Auberge is more convenient to everything else that is Sedona.

I'm like you in that I enjoy a nice hotel experience. But Sedona is NOT about the hotel you sleep in. This is one place where the hotel really doesn't matter. Trust me. Focus less on the hotel and more on how you'll spend your time away from the hotel. That is what will make your Sedona visit memorable.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

I agree with RedRox. Enchantment does have the edge for scenery (surrounded by red rock formations and near Boynton Canyon) if you don't mind being out of town a little and have access to your own transportation. At Enchantment you'd also have access to Mii Amo Spa which is an amazing destination spa inviting only guests of Enchantment or guests staying at the spa. L'Auberge now gives you a choice of red rock views (but those rooms are not as nice IMHO as the Casa Suites at Enchantment or nice creekside cottages (my favorites) where you are steps from the creek and the tranquility of the sound. We've stayed at both resorts and love them both for different reasons. I don't know what kind of accommodations you are comparing when you discuss the expense. Wherever you stay I highly recommend you have lunch creekside at L'Auberge and lunch or dinner at Enchantment's Yavapai Restaurant with its amazing views of the red rocks. You said you wanted to feel the value of the expense but you didn't say what factors enter into that evaluation. Is this all about romance with your guy in a romantic setting or a getaway for sightseeing and relaxation? You can't really go wrong with either location. Happy anniversary!

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

Thanks so much for your help! We really just want to get away and relax in a beautiful setting. My hubby wants to golf and I want to spa. We both like good food!

We are planning on going to the Grand Canyon one day, but other than that we are completly open to suggesstions.

Save Reply
4. Re: L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

Erinhogue, check out our website, we are running an incredible value offer right now - Stay 2 nts, get 3rd nt free plus $50 resort credit. It's called Leaf Peep Love and I promise you won't find a better value or a better experience for the price in Sedona. Thanks!

L'Auberge de Sedona

Edited: 24 September 2010, 16:45
Save Reply
5. Re: L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

Our sincere apologies, we just realized we aren't supposed to solicit on the forums. Wherever you decide to stay in Sedona, it is all about the magnificent setting and you really can't go wrong. Have a great visit and congrats on the anniversary!

6. Re: L'Auberge vs. Enchantment vs. Amara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:15