We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation coming from PHX

massachusetts
Level Contributor
293 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation coming from PHX

We will be arriving in PHX around 10:30 and I'm hoping to be on the way to Sedona by 11:30 or so. Can someone recommend a good/fun spot for lunch that is on the way and not to far from the highway?

thanks in advance!

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
485 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendation coming from PHX

The usual recommendation is Rock Springs Cafe, and it's fine. It's well marked, and just off the highway. The food is ok but the pie, well, let me just say that after DH and I ate lunch there on the way from Phoenix to Sedona, on the way back, we had PIE and ICE CREAM for LUNCH.

Just watch for the Rock Springs exit on I-17. Bon appitite!

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendation coming from PHX

I agree that the food at Rock Springs Cafe is just - ok, BUT the pie! You can buy a whole one and take it with you to Sedona!

http://www.rockspringscafe.com/index.html

It has a cute little gift shop which is fun to look around - read about its history on their website before you go.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendation coming from PHX

Agree that food is ok. But the portions are huge. We had enough to put in the cooler for another days lunch. Pie is excellent. We took it to go for breakfast the next day. If you split one lunch and had pie you might make it and be ready for dinner that night!

4. Re: Restaurant Recommendation coming from PHX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 07:17