We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must have car when visiting Sedona

Midwest
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Must have car when visiting Sedona

I'm back from a great time in Sedona and making this comment to reinforce the advice of several posters on my original thread (which was about choosing a hotel based on location for walking only).

Now that I'm back, you're right--I can't imagine visiting without a vehicle. I would have missed sooo much.

During my free time I went to Lookout Point two times, Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock and drove to various eateries in the area, downtown several times. Wow!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must have car when visiting Sedona

Thanks for sharing that with us and so glad you were able to experience the beauty of Sedona freely.

Which hotel did you end up choosing?

Midwest
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must have car when visiting Sedona

I stayed at the Poco Diablo. I liked the location in terms of coming and going but there were several negatives that would keep me away in the future. Good housekeeping tho.

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must have car when visiting Sedona

As I responded to you earlier, I had not stayed in either property you were contemplating, but for location, I thought the Poco Diablo was a better choice. Glad you chose to utilize a car and see Sedona, and glad you liked the location of PD. Sorry you had issues though. Please be sure and write a review of PD so others can be made aware of your problems/issues. Also anywhere else you visited/ate at. And if you have time to express your experiences on the forum, a trip report is ALWAYS appreciated.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
35 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must have car when visiting Sedona

I agree with other posts - you do need transport when in Sedona even if planning to travel short distances. We stayed in the Poco Diablo resort with my entire family on the first visit to Sedona, but even their location was too far out from the eateries and shops. The consierge service were great by organising free shuttle bus in the evenings, and on some occassions we used the car.

We visited Sedona again in what must now be known as their "tornado season :>)" in October, when freak weather hit the Northern Arizona region. We spotted the Matterhorn Inn during our first visit, and was really impressed with its location so we booked it for the trip in Oct this year.

Whilst the Matterhorn is nice and central, after visiting all the local shops several times, you definitely need to get down to Oak Creek, plus check out the Vortex areas and spread your wings a little in the area, as there is so much to see and areas to visit.

A CAR IS A MUST

Edited: 28 October 2010, 17:50
Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Must have car when visiting Sedona

Thanks for posting this because sometimes we have guests that stay with us and ask me about the shuttle to get here from the airport and then I explain to them that a car is a MUST!

6. Re: Must have car when visiting Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 05:16