We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

I can't afford it :-( Is there another place that has the same kind of feel that is more affordable?

Thank you,

Cathie

I'm having a tough time choosing a place to stay :-/

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

When it comes down to the bottom line, it really doesn't matter where you sleep when you're visiting Sedona. Choose a place that fits your budget and focus on what you'll be seeing and doing each day, during the day. Enchantment is nice, but Sedona is not about resort hotels. It's all about the natural beauty and there are plenty of ways to see and enjoy it. Most of them won't cost you anything at all.

It's hard to understand until you experience it, but just know that Sedona is not a typical vacation destination. Come with an open mind and a plan to be away from your hotel except for when you sleep.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

I just want to stay at a place that will feel good while hanging out there. I plan to do some sightseeing, but also want a great atmosphere to chill out after.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

Try Sky ranch or Matterhorn. It's not about the resort, it's about where you are.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

Any comfortable accommodation will be suitable in Sedona. You'll see, get out early to enjoy the sites and turn in early to get ready for more the next day. Pick something in your price range with good reviews here and you'll be fine.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

I am going on a romantic weekend with my boyfriend. That's why I want a nice place. I am not looking for a "resort" per se, just something nice.

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

You can find more romance walking hand in hand amongst the beauty of the red rocks of Sedona than you can at any place you decide to stay. Pick a place to stay, grab your honey and a picnic lunch and I guarantee you that if you don't feel the romance in the air then no resort or B & B will be able to soften your heart. It is all about the outdoors and nature when visiting Sedona.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

I agree with Stcardfan in so far as

romance is in your heart. So many people come on here looking for

a romantic place or want to stay at a romantic resort or B & B. Romance is all about who you are with and your relationship. Choose a place you an afford and concentrate on each other.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

Enchantment is a fantastic resort with a World renowned reputation and yes, that comes at a high price, but they are one of the best places to stay in Sedona!

Do you need to see the red rocks out your window when you are sleeping? Not really! Sedona views are best seen during the daytime when you are hiking in that great part of the country. Furthermore, the whole valley has much to offer, from historic Jerome and Clarkdale, to the Verde Canyon Railroad, Out of Africa park and the burgeoning wineries that pepper the Verde Valley, perhaps looking at accommodation options in Cottonwood may best suit your needs and budget. Having said that, it is possible to find decent accommodation for under $100 per night in Sedona, but you will get better bang for your buck in Cottonwood or Clarkdale and it is only a short 15 minute drive to Red Rock State Park!

Enjoy your trip!

Mesa, Arizona
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

I bet I can guess where you would recommend.

Reported

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Love the look of the Enchantment resort, but....

As I stated, places for under $100 per night in Sedona will be difficult if not impossible to find. Either upping the budget or else, expand the area would be recommended.