We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona's off-road trails

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Ramon...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona's off-road trails

I am looking for a good trail to drive our all-wheel drive vehicle (tread lightly stuff) that is not too intensive but will allow us to see back country and get some great pictures.

Any recommendations?.

How to get there or web site that is best for getting info.

Thanks.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona's off-road trails

I am checking with a friend of mine who is an avid 4X4'er, and as soon as he gets back to me I will pass along info to you.

I personally have driven up Mingus Mountain between Cottonwood and Jerome which for part of the way up is basically a FS road, it does provide you with great views of the whole valley, with the Sedona Red Rocks in the distance. It's really great at sunset because the sun sets behind Mingus, therefore illuminating Sedona with fantastic dusk light!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,493 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona's off-road trails

Schnebley Hill Road is a favorite and can take you all the way up to the rim.

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona's off-road trails

Thanks for the tips.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona's off-road trails

My friend's recommendations:

"They might like the drive out to Sycarmore Canyon. That is a pretty drive and if they are feeling up to it they can hike down the

Canyon. It is beautiful but a little bit of a tough hike.

We went up by Morgan Road in Sedona last weekend, but that is pretty rough. A person really needs to have a Jeep to attempt that road."

Lives here and has a Jeep which does not look too modified to me, the Rubicon I believe...

5. Re: Sedona's off-road trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2011, 05:17