We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vow Renewal!

Atlanta, Georgia
8 posts
Save Topic
Vow Renewal!

SO--I'd really like for my hubby and i to renew our vows on our upcoming Anniversary trip. I'm picturing a scenic view, our last day there, (Tues., Nov. 23) just the 2 of us-_but we need someone to officiate!

Any ideas?? Any preachers or wanna be preachers, retired judges, or just really cool God fearing sort of individual y'all could recommend who might think this would be kinda fun? Certainly nothing fancy-just meaningful.

We could pay a modest fee, or buy lunch or post vow renewal beverage... I'd love some input-also on possible site for ceremony.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vow Renewal!

I don't know anyone to officiate but I'm sure some others will chime in as there have been other wedding questions before.

I have personally seen 4 or 5 weddings at Red Rock Crossing by the creek with Cathedral Rock as the back drop. It's a beautiful area anyway.

This is out 89A W to Red Rock Loop and then head down to the park.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vow Renewal!

I'll do it! (For free!)

Should be simple enough, you're already married, so no official title needed, just need to memorize the "Sally, do you take Harry to be your lawful wedded husband? Harry, do you take Sally to be your lawful wedded wife, kiss, kiss, crack the glass and lets move on!"! (I am cracking up here! - *sorry*)

Atlanta, Georgia
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vow Renewal!

Was that a for real offer?? So hard to interpret online somex...

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vow Renewal!

Check the Sedona Chamber of Commerce site. They have a affiliate group that offers wedding a spiritual services.

http://www.visitsedona.com/listings/2

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vow Renewal!

I was sort of serious and kidding both. I would try SedonaMTB's suggestion first, look at pricing and if it is outrageously pricey, then I would seriously consider doing it, for free, for real.

6. Re: Vow Renewal!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 06:29