We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona in late February?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sedona in late February?

We'll be spending 4 days in Arizona in late February. What will the weather be like in Sedona that time of year? We'll be in the Phoenix area but would like to drive north IF weather is decent. Thanks for any input.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona in late February?

February will be nice, probably sunny, a little cooler than in Phoenix. I would probably leave the decision making until that time. You will most probably be able to get a good place at a good rate on a last minute basis as it is just the beginning of the mid/high season.

Daytime, I would think in the 80's, night time in the 40's most probably sunny.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona in late February?

I don't think it will be quite that warm. I think 50s and 60s most of the time in February (30s and 40s overnight). It's sunny here more often than not, but we do get occasional snow and rain showers.

You may be able to get a last minute room but watch out for the week of the Sedona Film Festival (www.sedonafilm.org). It would be hard to find a place to stay in Sedona that week. You could always come up for a day trip....Sedona is only a 2 hour drive from Phoenix.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona in late February?

Guess I was overly optimistic on the weather! Check out americansouthwest.net/arizona/…weather.html

It says daytime average highs in the 60's, with the AZ sunshine, perfect hiking weather!

Do make sure it does not coincide with that festival, that will make it more expensive and more difficult to get a room too.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona in late February?

It should be a nice time to visit with highs reaching the 60's. However, I've experienced snow showers and 80's in the same week in mid-April. You can expect frost in the morning and nice hiking as the sun warms things up. Dress in layers and you will have a great time. I love to visit in March.

5. Re: Sedona in late February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 05:17