We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sedona in november 2011?

washington,dc
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
sedona in november 2011?

we are planning an extended famiiy trip, possibly to sedona, probably at enchantment resort...but suddenly I am worrying about the weather - will it be too cold? we have 7 kids in total, from babies to 10 years old. suggestions welcome!

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sedona in november 2011?

November is a beautiful time of year.. The weather is cool at night (30's), but warms up to the 50's during the day. We have out of town guests here now, and they love that it is sunny!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sedona in november 2011?

We go to Sedona every November and have always experienced decent weather. It does get cool at night, but it great during the day.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,431 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sedona in november 2011?

Agreeing that November is an excellent time to visit Sedona. You probably won't be swimming in the creek, but there are too many other great Sedona activities to keep you busy and happy.

www.visitsedona.com

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMu3BjVjyc

washington,dc
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sedona in november 2011?

Thanks so much. The pool at the hotel is heated - do people swim even when it is cooler out?

and what activities would you recommend for kids?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,431 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sedona in november 2011?

Swimming is not a major activity is Sedona. There are too many other things to keep you busy all day. It has been my observation that those who choose to hang out by a pool all day are missing the better parts of Sedona. Some choose to take a quick refreshing dip at the end of a day in the red rocks. Bring your swim suit, but don't make plans around using it.

Of course, this would not apply in the heat of the summer. That's when the creek becomes a most popular destination for water sports. But not in November

Edited: 29 December 2010, 18:55
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sedona in november 2011?

We spent Christmas at Enchantment. Yes, people went swimming outside. There are also pools at Mii Amo Spa which as a guest of Enchantment you can book services. The spa has an outdoor heated pool with a hot tub and an indoor pool.

Having lived in the DC area before (VA) I understand your interest in swimming but there certainly are a lot of other activities for all of you to do while in Sedona.

Sedona AZ
Level Contributor
75 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sedona in november 2011?

People were swimming in the Hilton outdoor spa pool yesterday.

CT
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sedona in november 2011?

Just visited Sedona for my 3x and this time it was the end of November, beginning of December. I thought it was great weather! Sedona is prime hiking country and the weather (60's) was even better (for hiking since it was cooler) than my previous trips in April and October. Now I wouldn't venture into a pool in November but a hot tub is a whole different story!!

As for the enchantment resort...it was on my list for our first family vacation and of course it looks...well...enchanting...lol...but instead we chose the Best Western Arroya Roble and it was a great place for kids. First of all, don't judge it by being a BW...it was very nice. The rooms were very pretty with great Red Rock views and the location was great..you could walk to shops, Pink Jeep, etc. It also included breakfast and had indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs plus a clubhouse for kids with a lot of amenities.

Enchantment is in a totally different part of Sedona and more isolated so that is something to think about. Although for sure I would stay there with my husband and son but I really don't think it is a resort for younger children.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sedona in november 2011?

Our grandkids always love it at Red Rock Crossing. Nice area to hike, you can walk out on the rocks. The kids love this. Buy sandwiches at Sedona Memories and have your lunch there.

There is also the Rainbow Trout Fishing Farm on 89A up in Oak Creek. Maybe some of your group would enjoy that.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: sedona in november 2011?

Weather should be fine. Swimming will be possible but there are better things to do in and around Sedona aside from swimming. Enchantment is a fantastic place to stay, can't go wrong with that.

I may suggest you consider visiting Out of Africa Wildlife park especially since you have a bunch of kids. Fantastic time of year to walk around the park...