We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time of year is the best to visit?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Simpsonville, Ky
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What time of year is the best to visit?

My husband and I would love to come to Sedona. We traveled out west a couple of years ago, but missed it. We'd like to come back and also visit the Grand Canyon again as well. I was wondering if the spring time would be a good time to visit. And if so, which month would be the best?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,966 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

I would choose May for warmer weather and less traffic before Memorial Day holiday and school getting out for the summer. April is OK, but there is still a possibility of late winter storms in that month. Some of the worst I can recall have happened in April. Similarly, September or October are good months in the fall.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

March through November. I would not choose winter months if I could avoid it. Having said that, you will get he best rates during the winter months.

Edited: 05 January 2011, 06:17
MO
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

Hi! We've been to Sedona in April - July - September. It really is a tie, for us, of July or September. Also depends on your personal preference for how much warm weather you're OK with.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

IMO the best weather is in October. Spring is good but tends to be more windy than fall. If you want to come in Spring, I would agree with RedRox and come in early May.

Simpsonville, Ky
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

Thank you all for the good advice

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

The best time? Well, it depends upon what activities you want to do. We have to get our "Sedona fix" a couple of times a year and frankly love every month there. We can always find something to do and the scenery is so beautiful no matter what the weather is like. Enjoy!

7. Re: What time of year is the best to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 05:19