We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Views Inn in March

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
52 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
The Views Inn in March

Looking to head out there the 2nd week of March. Was wondering, without a car, how do you get around to places not in walking distance. is there a city bus, is there a cheap taxi service.....

Should we rent a car from PHX airport?

We are coming from Ct and would like to keep prices to a minimum

I am pretty sure there is plenty to do within walking distance but just wanted to know how to get to places we cant walk to

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Views Inn in March

How were you planning on getting to the Views Inn from Phoenix?. The Views Inn is located in the Village of Oak Creek. It is an additional 10 miles or so to the actual town of Sedona. You definitely need a car. There are restaurants and shops in Oak Creek that you could walk to and you may be able to walk to Bell Rock. But other than that, you will need a car to get you to Sedona and most of the Tourist attractions.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
52 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Views Inn in March

There is a $90 round trip shuttle per person and renting a car will tally upto $400 bucks if I rent from airport for the week depending on vehicle size

North Carolina
Level Contributor
624 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Views Inn in March

Sorry to have to say this, but you are going to have to just suck it up and rent a car. There are just too many places you will need and want to drive to.

Keep checking on rental cars through various web sites. I was able to get a 5 day rental for the end of March for a mid-size SUV including taxes for $363.00 through AAA with Hertz no doubt.

Sometimes, Hotwire.com can give you a good deal, but if you see a good price you have to buy it right then. If you wait a few minutes and come back to the site again, your good deal will be gone.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
52 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Views Inn in March

Thanks for the heads up I assumed I would want to drive but was trying to be avoid the money....I will suck it up! You are right, there is way to much to see.

I will see waht my AAA discount gets me

Sedona AZ
Level Contributor
75 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Views Inn in March

The Views Inn is less than 6 miles form the up town commercial end of Sedona, and the drive is one of the best for scenery, anywhere you go in the area you will need a car to explore.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
52 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Views Inn in March

Thanks for all the tips guys

As of now we are staying at the Views Inn March 5 -7

Staying at the Kachina Lodge(GCNP) March 8

And may be looking for a little upscale stay the last two nights in Sedona

Any ideas?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Views Inn in March

Keithy, you might want to try renting a car offsite from the airport, if you haven't already considered that. There is a post on the Arizona (or maybe Phoenix?) forum with tips on how best to do this, just do a forum search for 'airport car rental' or 'offsite car rental'.

In regard to upscale lodging in Sedona, what is your budget? There are lots of fantastic B&Bs to choose from, or if you really want to splurge, stay at the Enchantment Resort.

ontario, oh
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Views Inn in March

Good advice, Atinor, thank you--where did you rent your SUV from? I found it much cheaper in PHX than Sedona or Flagg but your price is waaay better.

also mention the possibility of renting a bike? One could ride most places if one was fit enough, and avoided afternoon traffic.....otherwise, I would say I could spend a whole week in Oak Creek Canyon--up the creek--but recently found it can be impassable in winter--I was there in April 06 and it was like summertime

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,712 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Views Inn in March

Agreeing with all the other wise advice. You need a car in Sedona.

There are ways to get around it, but all will require spending more money than less. Bikes, trolleys, tours etc are all frills and add-ons and cannot take the place of having a car when you visit Sedona. Riding the Airport Shuttle ($90 RT) and renting a car locally can save on the number of days, but not on the cost.

And in March, while weather should be pleasant, you need to be prepared for the possibility of a winter snow storm. Tough enough to bear with a car, let alone without one.

Give us a budget for your 'upscale' lodging. Have you looked at any specific options? Better if you ask specific questions about places you think you like, as opposed to us just throwing names at you.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
52 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Views Inn in March

Thanks everyone for the advice. We booked our flights, booked our first four nights (3 at the views inn, 1 night at Kachina Lodge GCNP) still trying to figure out our last 2 nights.

We are DEF going to do the PJ Broken Arrow Tour, and the Chapel and some other hiking trails.

We are hoping to borrow a friends car who goes to ASU so we might have some extra cash to spend.....