We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good spots for beer & wine fans

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good spots for beer & wine fans

My boyfriend and I will be visiting Sedona in three weeks and cannot wait! We're not planning too much in advance, but I'm definitely interested in getting a few ideas local breweries and wineries to check out while we're in town.

We're not huge wine snobs and know Arizona is not the same as other hot wine spots, but it's something we both really enjoy.

Definitely looking at Oak Creek Brewery and Page Spring Vineyards. Any opinions or anywhere else to check out? We're especially on the lookout for some places with amazing patios to enjoy cocktails and the scenery.

thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,823 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

For Oak Creek Brewery, go to the brewery itself, off CoffeePot Road, not the eatery at Tlaquepaque. They are entirely different. You can buy Oak Creek beers all over Sedona. Same with wines. You can buy local vintage in just about every restaurant. There are also a few tasting rooms around town in Sedona, Cottonwood and Jerome, in addition to the wineries themselves.

Cleveland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

Thanks! Good to know about the brewery.

Any tasting rooms recommended more than others?

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

We did the wine trail, and had a blast.

http://www.vvwinetrail.com/map.html

Page Springs has a nice setting. There are several places to taste in Jerome, which worked out nicely. Make sure and try AZ Stronghold.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,823 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

I'll agree that I like the tasting bars in Jerome. That's a town that just seems right for an alcoholic beverage at any time of day or night.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

"That's a town that just seems right for an alcoholic beverage at any time of day or night."

LOL... yep....

new england
Level Contributor
265 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

We went to Page Spring Winery on Page Spring Rd. and it was a terrific little winery. We had a sampler for $20.00 which included 8 tastings and a nice little plate of cheese/olives/crackers. Just perfect. Try the Red Wine bisquits......very tasty little cracker w/wine. This was a wonderful ray of light after the disappointing attempt to visit Jerome in the snow. ;--)

Enjoy!

Contessa

7. Re: Good spots for beer & wine fans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:16