We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Okay, counting down, leaving Boston on Sunday for 5 days - booked a PinkJeep tour for Monday AM, planning to do GC on wednesday, Jerome on Thursday, miscellaneous low profile hiking here and there, and shopping at Tlaquepaque

What other reservations should I be making, and are there any restaurants besides Asylum in Jerome that we MUST hit? Not so much looking for strictly "fine dining" as much as ambiance and local flavor, and yes nice. (Not sure I want to go to AZ for Italian fine dining - am I wrong?) Cowboy Club - is that lunch or dinner?? And what else??

I've been keeping notes on best photography spots, etc, and looking through lots of old posts as well.....

Thanks in advance!

new england
Level Contributor
265 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Leave time for shopping in Uptown Sedona. P.J. offices are there. Lots of great little shops and restaurants. Cowboy Club is there, too. Up the road on 179/89A South are lots of little malls w/great restaurants. On 179 across from Tlaquepaque is Ken's Creekside restaurant which is wonderful! Music on weekends. Also, Oak Creek Brewery @ Tlaque. is very good. We didn't have Italian in Sedona. Don't forget to explore Oak Creek Village. Lots of wonderful shopping & restaurants. Just don't tie yourself up with planned activities.....go with the flow of the area....it's that kinda place! ;--)

Enjoy!!

Contessa

Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Thanks very much, exactly my plan not to over-plan, but those are great ideas - you're from Boston area too, I think? We're on the north shore, Beverly...

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,854 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Dahl and DiLuca is an excellent Italian restaurant as is their other restaurant Cucina Rustica. I'm not sure what you mean about not wanting Italian in AZ and both of these restaurants would prove you wrong.

Great photography place is Red Rock crossing for great pictures of Cathedral Rock and the water.

Enjoy and let us know when you return how your trip was.

Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

SImply that there are so many amazing Italian restaurants in the greater Boston area, am thinking it makes more sense to seek out regional fare that I can't find here? No doubt they are excellent and their reviews would support that.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,081 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Don't miss the Chapel of the Holy Cross.

Dahl & Diluca and Cucina Rustica are two very nice, very popular restaurants in Sedona that feature excellent northern Italian and Mediterranean fare. We're not talking spaghetti and pizza, but steaks and veal and a variety of excellent dishes at fair prices in strikingly beautiful dining rooms.

Elote cafe is a must IMO for outstanding Mexican inspired (not typical Mexican) food. It is the most popular place in Sedona. Dinner only, Tue-Sat. No reservations accepted.

Cowboy Club is the definitive place to eat in Sedona, filled with history and character. Lunch or dinner. The Silver Saddle Room there is for a more upscale and intimate, adults only atmosphere.

There are no best photography spots. It's more about timing and capturing the best photography moments. the rocks around Sedona will change colors during the day. There will be a window of only a few minutes before sunset when they seem to light up from within.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
181 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Forgive me for jumping in on this thread, but i was wondering how far ahead of time I need to make dinner reservations at places like the Silver Saddle and Dahl and Diluca? We'll be there mid-May on Saturday through Tuesday.

Thanks,

Marti

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,081 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

A week or two should be fine, although a busy week like Easter might fill up faster.

new england
Level Contributor
265 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

Joanne01915......W.Peabody....we're neighbors!

I agree w/RR about Elote. It is unbelievable! Not Border Cafe, which I think is pretty good, but an upscale version. The chef lived in several places, not just Mexico, and he brought his own flair to the cuisine! It was so good I had to meet him and tell him. Serious stuff and not to be missed. Be aware that there are NO reservations and they open @ 5pm and already a line, so be prepared to wait or put your name in, leave and return.

I heard so much about Dahl & DeLuca that it's on our list when we return. It's impossible to do it all in one try. We did try to get into the Cowboy Club Sun. night but they were packed (as was Silver Saddle) and they close @ 9pm...we got there @ 8pm. So we tried 2 other places and they closed @ 9pm, too. We then decided upon the 1st place that was staying open and it was Picazzo which was just O.K.....wouldn't go back. Pizza was just ok.....I got Spaghetti w/chicken piccata (never saw it written that way and I found out why) It was chunks of chicken (boiled or roasted) in a lemony sauce that tasted like RealLemon out of the bottle. Not good at all. (sticking out tongue, here). Everything is ORGANIC.....and I capitalize it because every other word on the menu is ORGANIC. It would have sufficed to make mention on the front of the menu and be done with it.....even the waitress agreed. Food was blah. JMHO, here.

Loved, loved Ken's Creekside....they do it right. Make rez because it's small and good. Also, Oak Creek Brewery in Tlaquepaque (hwy 179/89A). Good pub fare and reasonable.

Enjoy!

Contessa

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

I ALWAYS suggest making reservations, and the earlier the better. That gives you a better chance of eating when you want vs when a table is available. Plus, you can always change or cancel, so why not?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: going to sedona in a few days - restaurants, or must-dos?

I highly suggest devil's bridge as one of your local hikes.