We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

My cousin will spend two nights in Sedona while on a honeymoon road trip. Looking at June 19-21st.

What lodging would you recommend that is very economical, but still has a romantic aspect to it as well? He'd like to spend between $100 and $150 per night. Their interests are hiking and perhaps a couples massage at a day spa. Thank you in advance for your help!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,966 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Have you or your cousin even looked at hotel and lodging links for Sedona? There are several links to lists from this page. Rather than having a bunch of names thrown at you, I suggest that you read through the lists and reviews to get a feel for what appeals to you. You can search by price range. Then come back with specific questions about a few places that appeal to you.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Take a look at the Sky Ranch Lodge - amazing views in an older hotel, so the prices are considerably lower.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Thank you for the recommend, AZ Fan. I will research it.

RedRox, yes, obviously we've done research, hours of it. That's why we wanted recommendations. There aren't many B & B's in that price range, and what we have found doesn't seem to have much in the way of pictures or reviews. Having a bunch of names thrown at me would have been great. In fact, that was exactly the result I was looking for.

As for what appeals to them, I think I made that clear: they're on they're honeymoon, and they'd like something a little more romantic than the average hotel room, but they cannot afford, for instance, the beautiful Canyon Wren, or the lovely elite spa room at the Poco Diablo. The Cedars Resort is having a wonderful sale, but I don't think it's a very romantic place. Could I be wrong about that? The Red Agave also looks promising, but again, the studios seem quite basic. Perhaps the beautiful surroundings would make up for that? Your opinions would be very valuable to me and my cousin. Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,966 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Poco is a resort wannabe IMO. The Indians have recently reclaimed it from the Renaissance management contract, so it should be improving. Cedars has a great location at the Y and their better rooms have awesome views. Not sure what rooms would be assigned when booking sale prices though.

Red Agave is a B&B wannabe in a neighborhood with other better B&Bs like canyon Villa and Graham Adobe Village. I know they market heavily to mountain and trail bike riders and late night partying has been an issue. Not sure how romantic that would be.

For value, Sky Ranch Lodge is still one of the best places in Sedona. Add Matterhorn and Kings Ransom Hotel to the list. These places are all independently owned and operated, so you're likely to enjoy a friendlier and more personalized stay than you would at some of the chain type places.

Keep in mind that Sedona itself exudes romance. It's part of the environment. Thousands of people travel to Sedona every year just to get married and/or spend a honeymoon. And the best parts of those events happen in the outdoors, not in a resort or hotel or room at a B&B. So as I often say, focus less on finding romance in where you sleep at night and more on being the awesome outdoor environment. That is where the memories will be made.

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Check out the Amara Resort and Spa. It is on the high side of what your cousin is looking at ($165) but they have a "Romancing the Stones" package, that for that amount, in a 4 star resort, may fit the bill if your cousin is willing to spend a tad more.

Once you start getting down into the $100 range, all you will get is basic and clean. No romance, no B&B, no honeymoon packages, limited views. Sedona has enough demand that the accommodations charge what the honeymooners and vacationers will pay, and that is usually on the higher end in in this popular destination .

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Ditto what's been said above. In Sedona, everything is a bit pricey, and if you want to add romantic and a B&B type atmosphere, the price goes even higher.

You did mention the Canyon Wren cabins - their smallest cabin goes for $155 per night, and includes a kitchen. If I were them, I'd go for that, and then save money by utilizing the kitchen and not eating out in Sedona (which also adds up), except for maybe one dinner somewhere special.

Another option is Oak Creek Terrace; however, it's not right in Sedona. It's also older and sometimes a bit poorly kept, but it's definitely quaint, and the location is beautiful, right in Oak Creek Canyon on the creek itself. They wouldn't have views of the red rocks, but they can get those in Sedona. Several rooms have in-room jacuzzis, and they can also wander the property and relax in a hammock by the creek. It might be a nice compromise, if they really don't want to settle for a basic motel room. Read the reviews here on TA for a better overview of what to expect, and here's their website:

oakcreekterrace.com/accomidations/accomidati…

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

I stayed at Oak Creek Terrace in two different rooms, one a little rundown. Plus they had an absolute no cancellation policy-what if you didn't like the room? The jacuzzi was a nice feature, and the location was great, but I hope we can suggest something better.

Has anyone stayed at Forest Houses? It is also in Oak Creek Canyon, had good reviews, is in the right price range. It has no TV, Internet, cell phone reception though, but depending on the couple that may be a good thing.

8. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 20:05
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,966 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Bell Rock Inn is a TS facility in VOC. The rooms are nice and large. Check the coupon terms. It could require a TS sales pitch.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Economical honeymoon resort or B & B

Do NOT stay at Bell Rock Inn for a honeymoon. We stayed at Bell Rock Inn "just for fun" over Valentine's Day one time, for a great price with the timeshare presentation. We came up to Sedona for a romantic getaway, but BRI was the most UN-romantic place we've ever stayed. We did a "romance" add-on package; they were supposed to set up chocolates and champagne in the room. The front desk didn't even know what we were talking about when we asked about it, and it took several phone calls and two days before they finally delivered a tiny box of stale chocolates and some really awful sparking wine. The location is right on the highway; not ideal or peaceful for romance IMHO. The room we stayed in was really dirty and stained; we didn't even want to sit on the couch. I think they've updated the rooms since then, though. Yes, the rooms are a good size, but that doesn't make up for everything else.

As for the timeshare pitch, it was the most insulting timeshare presentation we've ever attended. We've been to a number of timeshare presentations, b/c awhile back we were serious about buying one (have since decided against it - too many fees!) But the Los Abrigados/BRI presentation was just a completely frustrating waste of time.