We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

I just want to let anyone who might be concerned about the fires burning in Arizona that they are in eastern Arizona and are not in our area. It is still clear and wonderful here.

Mentioned in this post
Arizona
Arizona
United States
Level Contributor
163 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

Thank you for the info. I'll be coming for the first time next weekend and I was wondering if there was any affect from the fires. Let's hope they get them under control soon before more poor people are affected.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

We are planning to go to Sedona in August. What is the status of fires. We canceled our Sedona vacaion in 2006 because of the fire. I hope it will not happen this year.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

The fires are burning in the eastern portion of AZ right now. There is no way to know what it will be like in August. I hope we all will have plenty of rain between now and then! Check www.inciweb.org for fires all over the country.

Edited: 19 June 2011, 23:26
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,854 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

This is so tempting...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

Guys, I checked the link ,but i can't figure out the map.. So, 3 hr.. it seems pretty cloth to me. Are there are any monuments closed that we would want to visit? Any roads that would be on the way?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,854 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

Dude, it's only June.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,242 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

At the moment the map at this URL is not showing fire locations, but it normally does: …nifc.gov/swcc/…swa_fire_az.htm On the map you can see the Grand Canyon north of Flagstaff in the upper middle of the map. Sedona is located about where the First "A" is in "FLAGSTAFF" on the map. The fires are located at the extreme central Eastern border with NM and in the far southeast corner of AZ. They are about as far from Sedona and GCNP as Pittsburgh is from Philadelphia.

Could there be other fires later? Entirely possible.

Edited: 20 June 2011, 01:52
Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

The fires are NOT in our area. They are on the eastern side of the state with the winds blowing to the east. Fire season in Arizona is in May and early June. When the monsoon season starts (which is anytime now) normally the first part of July the humidity rises and the rains start is the end of fire season. My sister has worked for years for one of the biggest fire teams in Arizona. Her job is in logistics. Fires in August do not happen very often. I would not worry about coming to Sedona at all.

Mentioned in this post
Arizona
Arizona
United States
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

I meant to say fire season in Arizona starts in May or the early part of June. A large fire like the ones we are experiencing if not contained should be put out by the rains when they start.

Mentioned in this post
Arizona
Arizona
United States
10. Re: Arizona fires are NOT near or affecting the Sedona Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 03:17