We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July evening temps

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
329 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
July evening temps

Will we need something more than a windbreaker for evenings? Also, do we need to bring mosquito spray? Should I even pack pants? And lastly do any of the restaurants require men to wear long pants for dinner ie: Elote? Thanks in advance

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July evening temps

You can wear anything to restaurants in Sedona. Long pants are not required, but at night, ande in some of the nicer places you might feel more comfortable in them. Jeans are always acceptable.

An extra layer like a windbreaker will be plenty. Coldest time of night is around 4AM or just before dawn. Lows could be in the 40s, more likely in the 50s. But if you want to be outdoors for sunrise, expect it to be chilly.

Bugs aren't usually much of an issue, but mosquitos do bree around water, especially if it's stagnant. Right now we're dealing with noseums and they are more annoying and leave a more aggravating welt than most mosquitos. I use Avon Skin So Soft before I play golf and my bites have been minimized.

New York
Level Contributor
329 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July evening temps

in the 40's the 3rd week of July??!!! Wow that doesn't even happen in the upstate mountains of NY! Thanks for the info

New York
Level Contributor
329 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July evening temps

I tried to edit above post but not quick enough! Skin so Soft I always bring on vacation for after a day in the sun so all set there. I know this was discussed in another post but not sure it really answered my question. The $80 park pass....should I get it or will it not work for us. Sedona day hikes all week and a one day trip to the GC. We will also be going to a couple swimming holes like Grasshopper, Red Rock Park and Slide Rock. Will the "big pass" work at these places or should be just pay on a daily basis? Again thanks for the help.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July evening temps

GCNP is $25. A RR Pass is $15 for a week. State parks have separate fees. Unless you'll be going to ther national parks in the coming year, you won't get $80 worth of use out of it on this trip.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July evening temps

geez, glad I read this post. I had been expecting to be roasting in July in AZ.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
511 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July evening temps

Wow - I too am glad I read this post! I was expecting maybe 60's for lows in July in the Grand Canyon and Sedona!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: July evening temps

Tonight the low will be in the 50s

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July evening temps

Skin-so-soft is not very well rated as an insect repellent.

woodsmall.com/…SKINSOSOFT

9. Re: July evening temps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:15