We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

On a whim (and based on someone else's question), I found a great rate at the Hilton Resort and Spa that is slightly cheaper than the Hyatt Pinon Pointe. Both are 1 BR suites (for 2 adults and one 10 year old). Can anyone offer advice of which might be a better choice and why? We have one day left to cancel one of these, so we need to decide quickly. Thanks for the speedy responses.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

I don't think you can go wrong with either of these. The Hilton is a very nice resort in the Village of Oak Creek, south of Sedona. Bell Rock, Courthouse Butte, and other rock formations as well as several hiking trails are in the Village. The pace in the Village is relaxed.

The Hyatt is in Sedona at Hyatt Pinon Point, a nice shopping center. The Hyatt is an upscale timeshare resort.

Both locations will be within easy driving distance of places where you will want to see.

You can also look at the hotel link in the upper left hand corner for recent guests' feedback,.

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

Where did you find the great rate for the Hilton?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

I have stayed at the Hilton twice with my family and found it to be very comfortable, peaceful and very close Bell Rock, Courthouse Butte and Cathedral Rock. Nothwithanding, I have looked at the Hyatt due to its proximity to downtown Sedona and walking distance to shops/restaurants. I would look at both again on my next trip to Sedona.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

So....which hotel did you pick - and why ???

Edited: 08 August 2011, 03:06
Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

We decided to stay with the Pinon Pointe because of the "full kitchen" (the hilton was just a small fridge and microwave) and the proximity to downtown where we can walk to things easily if we want to. When we're there, we'll keep our eye on the other to see if we think it was worth it. Also, people really rave about the view from the Hyatt pool...if we ever use it, that could be nice.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

We stayed at the Hyatt and very glad we did. The Hilton was much less conveniently located for the things we wanted to do, including restaurants we wanted to visit. The Hilton is at least 15 minutes out of town and we liked the ease of getting around to Slide Rock, Red Rock crossing, etc. It was a lovely hotel. We had a problem with our first room and they quickly switched us to another.

7. Re: Hilton or Hyatt Pinon Pointe - one day left to cancel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 08:16