We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mesa Grill at Airport

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
284 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mesa Grill at Airport

Just saw an update where this is to open Sept. 1. Guess we will try it out and hopefully be able to give a great review as we are staying at Sky Ranch Lodge the 31st to the 3rd. I am excited about this because it so close!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

I'll give it a try. Everyone in town will, I'm sure. It's obviously not what the old airport restaurant was. FYI, it's not quite as close to SRL as the old place either. You can walk there, but few people will.

Personally I'm looking forward to the opening of Blair's Bodacious Burgers.

Edited: 27 August 2011, 00:18
Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

Blairs sounds more my type of place but willing to try the Airport. Was looking at the menu's they have posted and it is interesting to say the least. I am thinking one breakfast and then maybe a dinner there. Elote is closed while we are there so still up in the air about some things but hey I don't want to over plan like I think I might have so slowed down and now just enjoy. Thanks for all your help! Leaving at 6 AM tomorrow. I don't think I will sleep much tonight so excited!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

Have a safe trip. Let us know if you need anything while you're here.

I'm going back to Harry's Hideaway tonight.

Edited: 27 August 2011, 00:35
Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

Do you know when Blair's Bodacious Burgers is scheduled to open? We will be in Sedona Sept. 24 thru Oct. 1.

Different subject - What is the protocol for tipping your jeep tour guide. Is it a percentage or just a set dollar amount?

Appreciate your advice.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

Blair's should be open by the time you arrive.

Tip your driver based on how good a job they do. $5-20 per person is a big range, but not unreasonable.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

I usually give the driver $20 for the two of us.

Redrox, when we were there last, it looked like the new airport cafe was just to the west of where the old one had been. Couldn't be more than 50 yards further for someone walking from SRL.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

It's built in the same spot the old one was. Just slightly set at a different angle.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

It's built in the same spot the old one was. Just slightly set at a different angle. Note the old pine trees, which were there then at the back of the old restaurant, and still there. Plus the air tours is actually the old entrance. They did place assfault for the parking lot, something of which the old place didn't have, but it's not further at all.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

I had dinner at the Mesa Grill at the airport last night for the first time. It is indeed within a few steps of the old facility. And our dinner last night was very good. I will be going there again. But it is nothing like the old restaurant in any way. It will stand on it's own, or not.

Regarding walking there from SRL. It's not so much the distance as the darkness. Please be careful.

I spoke to Blair last week and he hopes to be open sometime in October. He told me that key concepts will include a large salad bar, enticing desserts and prices that will be below what most folks expect in Sedona.

Edited: 23 September 2011, 03:30
Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mesa Grill at Airport

RedRox--where is the location of Blairs? We will be there in October and November and would like to try it out. Sounds interesting and good.