We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerome

Southeast US
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jerome

What time do most stores in Jerome open on Sat?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,763 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerome

10AM. Or whenever the shop keepers decide to arrive.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerome

I was not impressed with Jerome. It is a beautiful drive there. The Grand Hotel, hmmmm. I cant say that I can review this hotel because I didnt stay at it. I believe the whole town of Jerome is a little "off" to say the least. The General Public cannot tour this hotel , you must rent a room for the night. Dont waste your time by driving up just to "see" it. There is nothing to see. The lobby is tiny and only registered paid guests can go beyond the lobby. NOthing to see in the lobby. It is not bigger than a hotel room, and there is basically NO parking.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,763 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerome

Sorry you didn't understand Jerome. It's historic value in AZ is unmatched. Being the worlds largest source of silver is just the beginning. The Grand Hotel is not known as a major resort. Again, it's history as a military hospital is more significant. Sorry you failed to learn that. Did you try the Asylum Restaurant there? That's a good way to see more of the old building.

Come back to Jerome and try to imagine being there when it was the biggest city in the Arizona territory.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerome

Ditto. Did you tour any of the museums, other historic buildings, mine, etc? Very interesting history. And yes, the people who live and work in the town are, for the most part, quirky - but they're also usually very friendly. We always have a great time chatting with people.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerome

Jerome is more than the Grand Hotel. I enjoy the shops and restaurants, especially Quince, but before that the Mile High Cafe and Grapes. The shopkeepers are friendly and often curious about visitors.

I arrived there at 11 several weeks ago, and there was little parking left. There's always extra parking up the hill by the old mine though.

I find Jerome fascinating because it is an old mining town with an interesting history and a unique character. We've taken many guests there, and every time is a different experience.

If you arrive early you could visit Jerome Historical Park which is open Thursday-Monday 8:30-5. I haven't been there yet, but history buffs will probably enjoy it.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerome

The history of AZ is still so visible when you visit the small towns, i love it. It is one of the things that AZ does well...preserves and presents it's rich past for all to see and enjoy.

michigan
Level Contributor
761 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerome

enjoyed our day in Jerome

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerome

Loved Jerome. Can't wait to go back.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jerome

I don't know how anyone could have negative things to say about Jerome. I thought it was fascinating and different than any other small town I've ever been to. It was a highlight of our trip to AZ. Loved the shops, restaurants and learning the story of Jerome. So glad that it was restored so that we all can enjoy it!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerome

visited today. was snowing when we arrived and sunny by time we left. had a great visit and much more than I expected. Loved the museum. freaked my wife out with the switchbacks as we headed further up 89A past the snow line. And if you stand over the mine shaft at the park and say don't you weren't a little bit nervous, then you are just plain lying. oh, and we did help the local economy out. great arts :)