We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion - AZ

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Family Reunion - AZ

Greetings! I'm planning a family reunion in march - hopefully in AZ. We have a group of about a dozen folks flying in from all over the US. We are a very diverse group (high-end luxury to granola, under 10 to grandparents, moderately athletic to physically limited). Since it's not a huge group - I'd like to go somewhere that would make everyone happy. We love nature (beautiful vistas) and food (healthy, ethnically diverse, vegetarian-friendly). We're slightly ADD/hyper, but really need to relax :) And we have about 7-10 days in mid-March and we'd like to get as much WARM weather as possible.

I'd like to know:

1. I think Sedona and Grand Canyon are probably "must-do's" - according to what I see on this site. Are there other places that we should absolutely consider visiting? Can someone suggest a trip itinerary that is relaxing, but people won't get bored? I'd rather not change hotels every night or every other night - it can get tedious with so many people.

2. Suggestions for hotels or all-inclusive resorts - it would be great to not have to worry about each meal, reservations for 10, etc.

3. Suggestions for activities/day trips. Ex. hot air balloon rides, helicopter rides over the canyon.

4. Suggestions for recommendations/places that may have great van/mini-bus rentals that could accomodate 10.

Thank you.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,204 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Reunion - AZ

I'd look into renting a couple of two bedroom time share apartments. There are plenty around Phoenix and many in Sedona too. Sedona and the Grand Canyon can still be cold in March. So maybe do most of a week in PHX/Scottsdale and the balance of the time in Sedona. GCNP is an easy and sensible day trip from Sedona.

Get the lodging booked. Then we can tell you how to plan the days.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Reunion - AZ

Funny-I'm planning a mini-reunion for about 20 people for our family next year. I am thinking about King's Ransom along with other nearby places. I doubt they will all stay at the same place because of different lifestyles. What is your budget?

You may want to have one group rent a van at Phoenix. I don't know of any of the hotels or resorts that offer group transportation.

(On our most recent trip to CA the airline had a great offer for a car rental as the last step of checking out.)

For activities. the Pink Jeep tour is a must. Balloon rides will be very chilly in the early morning hours.You will find ideas about where to go in the Sedona in 3 days section and the forums. You could look into a group tour to the Grand Canyon and see if they will customize it for you.

3. Re: Family Reunion - AZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:19