We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Arizona tour with a 2 year old and newborn

Leicester
1 post
Save Topic
An Arizona tour with a 2 year old and newborn

I'm planning a trip to catch up with friends from LA and Phoenix in October and need some guidance... I can't afford to travel in and out of different airports, so my start and finish will be LA.

My husband and I will be travelling with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn. We'll be travelling by car and my thought so far is:

LA to Las Vegas

Las Vegas to South Rim

South Rim to Sedona (to meet friends from Phoenix)

Sedona to LA.

Any family friendly ideas, nice stuff to do, places to stay and eat? Anything I should change? We like swimming pools, walking, nice scenery, good food and plenty of wine.

I'll appreciate any ideas or suggestions!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Arizona tour with a 2 year old and newborn

Are you talking about this October? Have you no reservations yet at any of these places? How long total do you have to do this trip?

At the Grand Canyon try to get a room inside the park. If nothing is listed on the website call directly as there are always cancellations. You can easily self tour the southrim by yourself with the shuttle to Hermits Rest and any points along the way

Walking along the rim is enjoyable and all paved. Just keep hold of the 2 yr old. Then when you have seen everything from the shuttle and the village area, drive out through the east entrance and visit some of the lookout along there.

In Sedona there are plenty of areas to walk and enjoy the sights. Visit Chapel of the Holy Cross and go to Red Rock Crossing. Plenty of room for 2 yr old to run and play and great views all side the creek.

Try Matterhorn, Kings Ransom or sky Ranch Lodge for reasonable and nice places to stay.

Plenty of nice restaurants in Sedona.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An Arizona tour with a 2 year old and newborn

We just flew from Orange County to Phoenix, and I think we saved an hour by flying.

You could take the Trolley to some of the main sites. It might be easiest to alternate between the stroller and a baby slings or backpacks while doing this.

Coffee Pot is a great place for breakfast. Your toddler may enjoy a stop at McDonald's in W. Sedona:).

In addition to the accommodations listed above you could consider booking at a timeshare, so you could eat some meals there.

If you do a search you can find numerous discussions of Sedona to LA. (including "any interesting stops?") and some of Las Vegas to Sedona. Please look at those and come back with any additional questions.

Have a great time!!

3. Re: An Arizona tour with a 2 year old and newborn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:22