We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions Please

NJ
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions Please

Hello all,

First time to Sedona. Looking for some restaurant suggestions. We are staying at Hyatt Pinon Pointe and we will have a car. We are looking for more casual dining options. Don't want to have to get too dresses up, maybe just slacks and a nice shirt.

This is what we like:

Steak

mexican

italian

bbq

seafood

Thank you.

Michelle

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

All restaurants in Sedona are casual. You will never be underdressed in a pair of nice jeans and decent top/shirt. In two trips, I took khaki slacks the first trip and wore them once. Didn't bring them the second trip. Casual but clean is the attire anywhere anytime in Sedona.

Best steak = Cowboy Club (Silver Saddle Room--adults only)

Best Mexican = Cafe Elote, hands down

Best Italian/Mediterranean = tie Cucina Rustica (my personal choice) and Dahl and Deluca (sister restaurants)

I will let others chime in on Seafood and BBQ. Just didn't eat BBQ, not sure why other than too many restaurant choices. And as to seafood, we just went a different direction as we (maybe mistakenly) decided that the best place for seafood could not be in a desert, but rather on a shore.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,431 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

Agreeing with every word from SLCF.

Best BBQ is in Cottonwood at Hog Wild. You can find seafood options at just about every good restaurant. I can't think of any that are known for it though. Choose halibut if it's offered as a special almost anywhere. Other common seafood menu items will include salmon and Ahi tuna.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

Steak, definitely Cowboy Club Silver Saddle Room.

Italian -- Dahl & DiLuca, much closer than Cucina Rustica, which is in the Village of Oak Creek.

Haven't tried any BBQ there. I do competition BBQ, so most restaurants can't come close.

I haven't found any good Mexican food in Sedona. Didn't care much for Elote, which is not really Mexican, as you would think of it. Whatever you do -- avoid Javelina Cantina.

As has been mentioned, you don't have to even wear slacks. I usually wear "dress" jeans and a button-up shirt. But you will still see people in any of these places in shorts and flip-flops

I don't eat seafood, but my wife has had good fish at the Silver Saddle Room and at Shugrue's Hillside.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 23:46
maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

We are here as well and I've spent a good deal of my waking, non-hiking hours in search of where we'll eat dinner. I have literally spent hours looking at posts, predominantly on this forum with the most weight given to the opinions of "the locals." The posts can make you insane, you think one place will be terrific and suddenly there are some negative reviews. My husband and I don't eat out much at home, we consider it saving up for when we go away so when we get away I want every dinner to be delicious. Pressure!

Tonight we had our one and only dining experience in the Silver Saddle Room at the Cowboy Club. My steak was delicious.

By far and away my favorite meal was at 15*Quince in Jerome yesterday at lunch and we never would have known about it except for this TripAdvisor forum. Hop in that car and go!

Bath
Level Contributor
160 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

We were in Sedona last week & highly recommend Harry's Hideaway in Cornville - delicious, creative meals; inexpensive.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

Seafood - Shugrue's: The panseared Ahi Tuna is wonderful.

Also, The Heartline Cafe serves a local farm raised pecan crusted trout an other very creative seafoord plates.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

For Italian we like Nic's in Cottonwood for a casual pub-like atmosphere and a long lesurely dinner. For more upscale I like Cucina Rustica.

For Mexican/Southwestern: Elote Cafe in Sedona and Quinze in Jerome

ma.
Level Contributor
49 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

For BBQ Try Sallys uptown right next to Silver saddle. great ribs pulled pork beans are served with the meals. They only do BBQ.

9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:26