We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Sedona

long island, new...
Level Contributor
16 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Sedona

“ Trip Report - Sedona ”

6:30 pm, today

My husband and I arrived in Vegas Friday, October 14th. Drove to Sedona Saturday, arrived at our hotel, The Views Inn. Nice, clean and friendly staff (separate review under "Hotels").

Thank you to all the Trip Advisor contributors. I have been reading this board for months and your recommendations were right on target and most helpful. I don't remember exactly what we did on what day, so I'll just separate into Restaurants/Activities. We were disappointed that both Elote and Harry's Hideaway were closed Sunday & Monday nights. Guess we'll have to return next year to try them out.

Restaurants -

Cowboy Club -- ate outside. Service was very good. Food (fried cactus, steaks) was delicious. Prickly Pear Margueritas were excellent.

PJ's Grill - Service was okay. Food was ot worth mentioning. Atmosphere was grungy, like a local bar. Would not repeat that adventure.

Marketplace Cafe - in the outlet center next to the Views Inn. Enjoyed the "silent movie" them. Service very good and personable. Menu was varied and food was excellent. Prickly Pear Margueritas were excellent.

Wildflower Bread Co - we actually ended up having breakfast here one day and lunch on two other days. Salads/sandwiches are very tasty with fresh ingredients (&bread). Service is fast and courteous. Wish we had one of these in New York.

Activities --

We started out at the Ranger station at the Coconino National Forest. What a pleasant experience. Staff was very helpful and informative. Recommended sights to see and supplied us with maps and information packets. We referred to this info on numerous occasions in the four days we were there.

Pink Jeep Tour -- Sunday morning with Chip as our guide. Yes it was bumpy and climbing a rock at a 45 degree angle was a little scary, but what fun! Our guide was full of interesting information about the history of the area and all the native plants. Could have spent the entire day listening to this stories.

Evening Sky Tours -- Monday evening we wnet stargazing. What a thrill. So fascinating, much more than anticipated. In fact, hubby and I are looking into joining an astronomy group here at home. We learned so much and it was amazing to atually put names to so many of the constellations and see Jupiter & 4 of its moons up close and personal through the guide's telescope. I'd highly recommend to anyone remotely interested in the stars/planets.

Because it was 95 degrees the week we visited, we did not do as much hiking as we had planned (too hot for us northerners). We did a lot of driving, pulling out at various locations for short hikes. The stops I remember making were Slide Rock, Bell Rock, Airport Mesa at sunset, Chapel of the Holy Coss, Montezuma's Castle and Tuzigoot ruins. We made a wrong turn at one point and ended up visiting the interesting town of Jerome.

And I must mention this. On our way out of Sedona, we stopped at Garland's Indian Jewelry shop on Route 89A. It was like entering a museum. The jewelry and baskets were just beautiful. Needless to say, there was a turquoise necklace and an unusual silver ring in the shape of a twisted feather that begged to come home with me. The prices were very reasonable, so who was I to say no!

Thanks again to all the "Trip Advisors". Sedona is indeed beautiful and we enjoyed our trip immensely.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Sedona

Thanks for sharing your trip report with us and the reviews you left will be helpful to others. Glad you were happy with Garlands. :-).

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,233 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Sedona

Glad you enjoyed Sedona. In fairness to PJs I have never recommended it as more than a local bar. It's not a gourmet experience. It's where we go to be with friends and find new ones.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Sedona

Sounds like you covered a lot and had a lot of fun. Thanks for sending your trip report, which will help our next wave of visitors!

4. Re: Trip Report - Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 06:18