We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

First have to say that always get great advice from others and did to my questions for this trip.

Stayed at Sedona Pines with my wife which is a timeshare. Not sure if you can book like a hotel also. It gets great reviews and deservedly so. great staff, clean grounds, clean rooms. Everyone mentions that the "casitas" are a little small and they are but they also have made very efficient use of the space for storage, etc.

Highlights of trip. decided on Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour. had been hemming and hawing over which company to use for a tour and while I can't say anything about the competition, our tour was excellent.

Also, took a guided tour to Grand Canyon using http://www.greatwesttours.com/ . Not may favorite way to travel but felt like letting someone else do the driving. They do a nice job. Guide was corny but educational.

Never enough time to spend at any one point but that isn't the fault of the company but more the time allowed.

stopped at a couple of native american trading posts and street side markets to shop on way back.

Hiked a little. We upgraded our rental to all wheel drive. this was a smart move as we drove out to Devil's Bridge trailhead. Would not have wanted to do this in a sedan.

Beautiful views from Devil's Bridge and tremendous reward for relatively short trail. There is some scrambling if you have a fear of heights issue.

Spent a day in Jerome which was very fun. Won't reiterate what you can already read on line. I loved driving along the hairpin turns, my wife did not. There were some very nice artists from photography to Raku and a glassblower with a studio so you can watch.

Ate at a small restaurant, Mile High Grill and had a good meal. Really looked like many places worth visiting from burger places to wineries so I would just wander and walk into what ever looks good. Do drive over to the State Park and look down the mine shaft even if you don't go into the park.

We also visited Tuzigoot Natl monument which is an excavated village. got there late and only spent a little less than an hour and it deserved some more time.

Also went to Montezuma's Castle where we met up with RedRox ( I owe you pictures, I know). It was great to finally meet after talking (texting??) over the last few years. Another fascinating relic of an old culture.

RR recommended we stop at Rock Spring Cafe on way back to Phoenix which was a terrific suggestion. They really do have great pies!!!

Most memorable meals were at coffeepot for breakfast.

They have it down. good food, reasonable prices, attentive staff.

This is our second trip to Sedona and there will be a third. From Sedona, we went to Santa Fe and will continue the report there.

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

Thanks for the report, and for taking the time to share. I do have one question--you stated >>"Another fascinating relic of an old culture."<< Was that referring to RedRox or Montezuma's Castle? LOL

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

Does it have to be either/or? Being a bit of a middle aged chicken myself, (as opposed to a spring one), I would never say that about a friend!! But, RR may have said something about recalling breaking bread with one of the last inhabitants- not really sure.

Edited: 18 November 2011, 18:47
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

It was cool to get together with one of our learned colleagues. Neslaw is the DE for my other hometown in North Conway NH. He knows all the current stuff, but I guess it's there that I become the historian with true connections to all of the ancient beings. My family has had a home base there for just under a century and some of my friends in North Conway are 5th and 6th generation decendents of the original settlers.

Ironically I was in NH while Neslaw was here in Sedona and had just returned the night before their departure. The coincidences that brought us together briefly at Montezumas Castle could only have happened in the vortexual environment of Sedona.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

Another fascinating relic? (hit me too!)

Vortexual??

5. Re: Trip Report Part 1 Sedona 3 days in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 10:17