We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
284 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

I'm still undecided on accommodations for a February trip. Three of us, 2 parents and a 4-year old. I was thinking an uptown location would be great, in case dad goes golfing, the kid and I can walk about town.

The B&Bs looks great. No need for a full kitchen in the room, but a suite would be nice (so it's not lights out for everyone at 8:30). A jacuzzi might be nice to have on property, but not a requirement. I assume it'll be too cold for us to swim. Thinking of spending about $200/night.

I feel like I've looked at 1000 websites, but many either have dated looking decor (how hard can it be to do a white duvet cover if the only other option is "grandma's curtains"?) or too expensive or I am unsure of the location or they don't accommodate children under 15.

My fall back at this point is the Amara Resort (although everything I've read on this forum suggests that if we're interested in a B&B, this may be the place to try one out).

ETA: And views! I know there's been much talk about the view not mattering. But as our child occasionally does still take naps, a view from the room does matter. I'd love to sit on a deck with my book and a cup of coffee and look at something other than a dumpster while he snoozes away.

Edited: 22 December 2011, 01:38
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

You might consider the Best Western Arroyo Robles, which is right in Uptown. They have regular hotel rooms with amazing views of the red rocks, or you can rent one of their "condo" style rooms, which are in a separate area down by the creek. Not sure how expensive those would be, but those rooms are huge, with full kitchens, 2 bedrooms, and some are right on Oak Creek. The regular hotel rooms are fine too, though; some have fireplaces, and they do have an outdoor jacuzzi, and an indoor/outdoor pool in the clubhouse down by the creek.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,829 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

Look at El Portal and Los Abrigados. LA is not a B&B, but it could work for you.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
284 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

Thank you both, again. El Portal looks great and the reviews are positive. I plan on calling to see if I can take advantage of a special they are running.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
284 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

Oh, and if anyone chooses to book El Portal, read their blog. I just got to take advantage of a 2nd night for $99 special they are running. Terry was very helpful and we are excited to be staying there!

5. Re: Uptown B&B that accommodates children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:19