We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Vortex Tours

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Vortex Tours

One of my main reasons for visiting Sedona are the famous vortex sites. Can anyone recommend a reputable tour guide/company?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,561 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

Asking a question like that is like putting a target on your back with a sign that says "steal my money".

You can pick up a map at the Chamber of Commerce with vortex locations clearly marked, and you can get to them yourself if you have basic map reading skills.

If you want to have some one with you, for a fee, they will hold your hand and chant with you. Maybe even bring a drum...

Can you tell I'm a bit cynical? I believe in vortexes. I believe that in Sedona you will find a calmness and sense of peace that is unlike any place you have ever been. I also believe that those who would take your money for going with you and telling you the stories that they think you want to hear, are suspect.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

Lmao! Thank you RedRox~again I appreciate your input. Might just be more fun to explore those areas on my own.

near Saratoga, NY
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I really wish TA had the capability to "like" comments. ;-)

I felt a sense of peace in Sedona that I hadn't felt in years... I can't wait to go back & experience it again.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

Very funny and true RR! There is a couple who lives off Dry Creek Road and the Jeep tours stop by their house and tell passengers that Madonna lives in their house. One day they just happened to be near where the Jeep stops and she gave the driver an earful. The driver just sped off out of embarassment. Why some of these guys feel they need to make stuff up in such a beautiful place I don't know.

I also recommend doing a self guided tour as you will be able to take your time and soak up the awe.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

nice. i like your answer

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I'm clicking the "LIKE" button too. Good response RR! :)

Clemson, SC
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I was in earshot of one of those vortex tours a few months back... When they got to the part of asking the customer to extend their tailbone into mother earth and become one with the vortex, grounding their spirit into the energy around them... I almost lost it!

In all honesty RR called it right. I can't explain it but from the moment I first stepped out of the car and throughout my entire trip I felt at peace. I don't know if the air is cleaner, of it it's the scenery, the atmosphere etc.. but you will find relaxation in Sedona.

Sedona, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

With all my respect to those who have posted in this thread, especially RedRox whose reviews I myself found useful many times, I have to point out that biased opinions are prevailing. And SedonaMTB, you seem to refer to a jeep tour and not a vortex tour in your post. None of the contributors have actually been on a vortex tour…

Indeed, Sedona has its magic that attracts people from all over the world. My own experience of Sedona started back in 2004 with vortex tours and ceremonies I took part in here on this beautiful land. As a matter of fact, it had such a profound influence on my life that I eventually moved here and it is a truly sacred place for me. I have ever since had numerous vortex experiences on my own. But I had to have someone initially guide me through those first times. There are people who come to Sedona and see these vortexes marked on the map. I’ve met many people who went to the vortex by themselves and felt nothing because they did not know what and how to feel. And of course, if you know how to meditate, how energy feels, if you are very sensitive then you can explore it on your own and don’t need to pay anybody. However if you want an in-depth experience, get a tour. I believe that a good vortex tour can be a deeply transformative experience that can help you rediscover your own self. I’ve seen people cry with tears of joy, I’ve seen their happy eyes. Something that can take years of therapy :) Vortex tours often include guided meditations, ceremonies and yoga in addition to storytelling. If you want to connect to the sacredness of this land do a vortex tour, not a jeep tour…

There are a lot of guides in Sedona. I would personally recommend Mystical Tours, One Tribe Tours, Pete Sanders or any members of Sedona Metaphysical and Spiritual Association which is a group affiliated with the Sedona Chamber of Commerce.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

" I’ve met many people who went to the vortex by themselves and felt nothing because they did not know what and how to feel."

So ONLY If you are "special", like you are, then you will feel something?

This is exactly the tactic used to create confirmation bias and group-think. I'm talking science you are talking belief. That is the difference. You can believe what you want but that doesn't mean what you believe is fact. I spent over ten years studying meditation in CA and one of aspects of the teaching was always to separate falsehoods from fantasy. I wish this was the mantra of the folks here in Sedona but alas it isn't. Sedona is very disappointing and embarrassing to those who have studied. I would definitely not recommend the people you do as they are fakes and will take you for what you're worth. Of course there is no reason to fear 2012 as it was made up by the very people who told you to fear it by the "Mayan" calendar. Talk about creating a crisis to solve and make your self a hero! And what about MIT alumni, have you ever checked? I didn't think so I did, he isn't. Time to stop the lies!!

Here is a link to a video that exemplifies the social psychological quagmire people get caught into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gMoUddQeU

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I personally would not go on a vortex tour but would never stand in the way of someone who does. Everyone is different, and people face difficult decisions and look for guidance in spiritual things like vortexes. People come to Sedona for different reasons, which is why there is a variety of services offered.