We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Vortex Tours

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Vortex Tours

One of my main reasons for visiting Sedona are the famous vortex sites. Can anyone recommend a reputable tour guide/company?

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

With all due respect, I was relating my own experience, which I believe is appropriate here, not telling others how they should think or feel. Neither did Rahelio tell us what to think or feel. Unless one has ever had a spirit guide it is nearly impossible to communicate an experience such as this. I was merely pointing out that not all the guides in Sedona are the same and that people who are interested should investigate, beyond your opinion or mine.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,803 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

How do you investigate whether one "guide" is sincere and honest, and another is a sham? Their customers are already "sucked in" to something that is a sham in itself, vortexes, and was made up years ago by a self-serving person.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

It appears that my original post was removed since I recommended a certain guide whom I found to be particularly good. I thought I was answering the question which was, "Can anyone recommend a reputable tour guide or company?" From my experience in Sedona I have no hesitation in recommending Rahelio, who has a website that can be easily found. He is authentic, the real thing, not a charlatan, and his prices are reasonable. Hopefully this meets the Trip Advisor criteria.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,563 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

Given that the original post is almost two years old, I doubt the the original poster is paying attention.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

From November 7-10 I stayed at Sedona Mago Retreat Center outside of Cottonwood. I chose a Meditation Retreat weekend. A small group with a teacher and and an assistant taught us the Taoist way to meditate and took us to various vortex sites for meditation purposes. They explained to us about how our bodies (scientifically) is made up of energy. They taught us how to use our own energy and practice with it in the healings of our own mind, body and soul at these vortex sites. What one puts into it is what one gets out of it. Some people felt more at some places than others sites. It wasn't a sham. It was about enjoying the creation around you and letting your own body's energy be the healing agent at these places.

I know there is a huge rift between Sedona and the center I stayed at. I think it is a lot of ignorance more or less of the citizens of the town of Sedona. I don't think the Mago Center is completely blameless, but the Center is still being judged for something that happened years ago. That is too bad. It is a lovely center that promotes healing of the mind, body and spirit. I see them in wanting to help those who want to accept that help. Are they an open book? No. But the people I met with were caring and warm. They treated me with respect. They wanted me to reach my personal goals of healing.

Did I feel something at the Vortex sites? Yes. I felt a warm energetic soothing sensation from my feet flow to my feet to the top of my head. Would I have felt it without someone telling me about it? I don't know. Did it change my being? Yes.

I would recommend Sedona Mago Center for their meditation retreat weekend -- their vortex tour sites included --. Their price is very reasonable which includes all organic food, a lovely casita stay, beautiful grounds to enjoy and whatever one puts into it.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

"I think it is a lot of ignorance more or less of the citizens of the town of Sedona."

OK so the sexual assault charges are bogus? Can you prove that the police fabricated this?

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I was not alluding to any of the crime charges against the founder ( I do not know the whole specifics of the case) so I really cannot comment on that, but he was not anywhere near the campus plus that was many years ago. Furthermore, just because one person does a bad thing does not mean that the entire organization is a bad entity.

Mago took us to various vortex sites and to see the Red Rocks, plus a day of shopping. One of the members from Mago was spat on. SPAT on. When we went shopping in Sedona (uptown) and the shop owners were asking us where we were staying and we told them, they would turn away from us when we told them or treated us very coldly. One person actually told me to leave her store.

Let me clarify about the citizens of Sedona. Not all were cold. But there were some with an edge just as they are represented on here when mentioning it here.

People need to make their own minds up. I can't judge a situation unless I have been somewhere and experienced it.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I meant to say that the founder of Mago Retreat Center was not staying there when I was there. My sentence in the above post sounded confusing, so I wanted to clarify.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Sedona Vortex Tours

I wanna see Madonnas house.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply