We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Rouge or El Portal

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
297 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Rouge or El Portal

I have rooms reserved at El Portal for a February visit. But I just saw that there's a special for the Sedona Rouge. Based on location and facility, which would you prefer? I know they are totally different as far as character and size of facility.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
297 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Rouge or El Portal

Probably wouldn't hurt to mention that cost will be identical, but at Sedona Rouge we'll have spa treatments and breakfasts included for the cost. At El Portal, I do have a upper level room with a balcony confirmed.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,608 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Rouge or El Portal

El Portal would be my choice for charm and character. The rooms will blow you away.

Sedona Rouge is nice, but much more traditional. The spa treatments are a bonus. It has been my experience that resorts that include spa packages make a pitch to add on or upgrade the services when you book your appointment. Also (package) appointment times are generally offered only during low demand time slots. If you are visiting Sedona for a spa experience, it will probably be less than a full package. On the other hand, if you are visiting Sedona for Sedona, the freebie spa treatment might be a time consuming distraction.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Rouge or El Portal

I agree - stick with El Portal.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
297 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Rouge or El Portal

Thanks to both of you. I'll stick with El Portal and save the spa treatments for another time or place, when it isn't so precious as it will be over our short stayin Sedona.

5. Re: Sedona Rouge or El Portal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 09:38