We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Day in Sedona

Plainview, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Extra Day in Sedona

What other towns around Sedona should we visit if we have an extra day. We like history, small town main street and nice scenery.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

Well, don't know what you're already considering, but you'd certainly like Jerome and Prescott - that would make an easy day trip. Or Wickenburg, but that's a bit further away. They're all three on hwys 89A / 89 SW of Sedona.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

I suggest combining Main Street in Cottonwood (antique shops, small specialty shops, Orion Bakery (cookies) with Jerome. You could take 89 from there to Prescott and see Courthouse Square and Whiskey Row.

To return you can take 169 to I17 to 179.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,263 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

Old Town Cottonwood, then Jerome and if you have a few more hours go over the mountain to Prescott and back

Plainview, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

Thank you. I think that's the plan.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

You can take a slight detour on your way to Jerome and drive down a few of Clarkdale's streets and check out the Verde River Train too. It would take less than an hour and I think you'd like the 100 year old company houses.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

Yes, the old train depot is interesting too.

7. Re: Extra Day in Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:42