We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

I will be driving back to PHX from Page, AZ in mid-October and would like to spend one night in either Sedona or Flagstaff. Which would you recommend? Also, any hotel or activity recommendations that would be appropriate for a solo traveler would be much appreciated. I like to hike, but don't like to hike too far away from civilization by myself. Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

For one night? You will have a lot more fun in Old Town Flagstaff than you will in all of Sedona which basically rolls up the sidewalks at sundown.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

Depends on what you want to do. Hiking is Sedona wins hands down.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

I will mostly just be stopping overnight on my way home after a mid-afternoon departure from Page. I may have time for some shops or one hike in the morning before I head back to PHX and wondered if it would be worth the extra effort to drive on into Sedona for the night. (Though I'm sure the sunset there would be pretty,). I've never been to either place, but I'm in PHX a lot and could always drive up to Sedona another time when I could stay longer. If Flagstaff is the consensus, any suggestions on a good place to stay?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

I'm not a expert, but I've been to Flagstaff and to Sedona, and Sedona is so much prettier than Flagstaff. There are several nice places to stay. It depends on your budget. There are many hiking trails, too. I found this link for the trails in Sedona: www.dreamsedona.com/sedona-hiking-trails.html There probably is a better page, but this is a start.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

Many thanks for your replies. I think I've decided on Sedona. Even though it's for one night, I want to experience the natural beauty and maybe hike one of the vortexes the next morning before I drive back to PHX. Can't wait to see it!

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

Thanks for the hiking trail link too! It's wonderfully helpful!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

You're welcome, and I don't think that you will be disappointed by staying in Sedona.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,586 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

Flagstaff for nightlife, if that's what you're looking for. Sedona for sunset, natural beauty and peace and quiet.

I'd choose Sedona, for sure.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

Definitely looking for natural beauty, peace and quiet. Can't wait until October!

10. Re: Sedona or Flagstaff for 1 night? Solo traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 06:17