We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

My husband and I were in Sedona last February as part of a Las Vegas trip. We also toured GCNP. We loved both areas so much, and decided to bring 2 of our kids (17 and 12) to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon...all the way to Phantom Ranch. Since all of our stops/hotels, etc had to be booked around PR ressies, it looked like we were not going to make it to Sedona.

We are planning on doing the Zion/Bryce/Page loop from and back to LV, with the GCNP being our last 3 nights before LV and home.

However, after some tweaking...we have managed to put 2 nights of Sedona in. I thought the kids might be "sceneried" and hiked out, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it. We will probably never be out there again with the kids, so this might be there only time to experience Sedona.

Please forgive me for this long post and for my rambling...I'm just so excited about going there again.

I have been reading all the forum posts daily for all the other destinations...LV, Page, Bryce, Zion, Kanab, GCNP,etc....and now I get to check out the Sedona forum as well....yeah!!!!! I didn't want to read them before as it would just make me miss Sedona more, but now that we are adding 2 nights there....I can do it!!!!

Can't wait!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

Glad to hear it. Let us know how we can help.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

Have you booked Phantom Ranch and accommodation at the rim before/after??? That's a priority!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

Redrox..thank you, and I'm I'm sure I'll be asking questions and chiming in on posts now that I'll be on here more.

Esty...yes, we have Phantom and the nights before and after all booked. Last time at GCNP we stayed at Bright Angel Lodge and loved it. We would need 2 rooms there this time with the kids, so we opted for Maswik. I have been rethinking that as well. I think we might do Maswik the night before, and go ahead and get 2 rooms for the night after at BAL. I think it would be neat to have the kids experience it. Also, I think it would be great to be able to see our lodging as we are heading up BA trail. It may help us reach our destination!! It's also closer to the trail head. I'll have to decide soon, or availability will decide for me.

Now comes the fun part of searching for lodging in Sedona. (everywhere else is booked already, although I can still change/tweak them). I find March more expensive than February, plus the fact that we are 4 this time, not 2. I'll find something suitable, book it, but keep looking for deals, etc.

Thanks!!

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

I'm glad you were able to fit Sedona into your agenda. I know you and your family will have special memories of your Southwestern trip.

5. Re: I think we're coming back...yeah!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:15