We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lossiemouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

Hi, are there any places open early enough to get breakfast before heading out to a sunrise hike? If so, where please?

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,138 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

Better to go for breakfast after the hike.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

I would think that whether someone want/needs to eat either before or after their hike is a personal matter. Any experts out there who can recommend an early morning diner? Lastly, what time of year are you going to be here? Sunrise varies as you probably know.

Lossiemouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

Ah, ok thanks, I'd best get something in for the room then (am one of those people who can't do ANYTHING before eating in the morning!!) :)

Lossiemouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

Hi Donbacsi,

We are coming this Tuesday!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

Peronally, I wouldn't have the energy to do a sunrise hike without a pile of bacon/sausage/ham,hash browns, whole wheat toast with butter and honey, sliced tomatos, coffee and juice. But that's just me. Does anyone know when the Coffee Pot opens?

Lossiemouth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

I so know where you're coming from! I will have a look at the Coffee Pot online and see if I can find out, thanks for that!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

No experts out there to tell the OP when the breakfast joints open up? Redrox?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,138 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

CoffeePot opens at 6AM as do most other restaurants in Sedona. That's too late to get in, eat and get back out for a sunrise hike. Hence my first reply. If you feel the need for nourishment before or during the hike, take along some fruit or snacks, and of course plenty of water.

If you need a pile of bacon/sausage/ham, hash browns, wholewheat toast with butter and honey, sliced tomatoes, coffee and juice, then you'll need to get it after the hike, per my original reply. I can't imagine hiking early in the morning with a full stomach like that anyway. But in case no one has noticed, I have little in common with the poster who says he lacks energy without it.

9. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2012, 14:38
Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to get breakfast before a sunrise hike?

I would recommend, besides taking enough water to stay hydrated, carrying some peanut butter with you, and crackers of your liking. The peanut butter has protein. And, you will need the carbs from the crackers. A small can of tuna would be good for your body, as well. The big breakfast just might not be what you need. Think about your digestive system before making a decision about a full breakfast. Also, eat well the night before and avoid alcohol that night, too. I think that it is wise to think about what time you will be leaving and the temperature for that day. There are several grocery stores in Sedona where you can purchase the food to take with you, and I believe that there are a couple of organic/natural stores there, too. I agree with RedRox about eating a lot before hiking. Again, think about your digestive system. And, have a great time!