We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More questions... Food help please

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
More questions... Food help please

You all are probably sick of me asking Sedona questions, but our 2 days have now turned into 5 and I'm curious.

Best coffee???

Best pizza, specialty, not like pizza hut???

Best brunch for Sunday???

Dinners are really hard to pick as I'm using trip advisor but I'd like locals advice.

We've eaten at.....

L'auberge.... Good, price is over the top, the view is worth it.

Cowboy club, yummy but loud.

Heart line cafe, not at all impressed.

So we'd like different dinner spots.

I was thinking.....

Shugrues???

Golden goose??

Dans bistro??

Kens creek side??

Sound bites???

Barking frog??

Any thoughts, other opinions???

No fast food, no oriental, no Italian, no sushi please.

Thanks as always!!!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,973 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More questions... Food help please

Shugrues has very good food and great views but I feel their prices have become quite high. Golden Goose has good basic family food. No complaints and reasonable prices, especially for families. Not gourmet but good. Want to go back to Ken's Creekside myself. Haven't been there in a few years but it has been receiving good reviews. Bodacious Burgers gets very good reviews and we took the advice of RedRox and went to PJ's Village Pub in VOC. It's a small but popular local pub and we had two very good meals there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More questions... Food help please

I like Famous Pizza for traditional styles. Blue Moon Cafe also does a really good job. For more upscale gourmet style, Picazo's is the place.

Bodacious Burgers has the best and widest variety of burgers, for sure. Also an excellent soup and salad bar, and don't overlook their delicious and creative dessert menu.

For dinner, Elote Cafe is by far the best Mexican inspired food in Arizona. Tue-Sat, dinner only. Get there by 5PM or expect to wait for second seating around 6:30-7. By then wait time will be 30-90 minutes.

You can't beat Harry's Hideaway in Cornville for quality and creativity on a limited menu in a restaurant that barely seats 3 dozen diners inside and outside. Specials abound and you'll want some of everything.

Dan's Bistro is a delightful place that looks innocent from the outside, but offers fabulous food bordering on gourmet fare. BYO if you want alcohol.

Sunday brunch is a minor issue in Sedona with one clear exception. Enchantment resort offers an all day feast type of extravaganza. The food keeps coming, but thankfully in small pans on the buffet, so everything is hot and fresh. Make reservations.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More questions... Food help please

At the Cowboy Club, get reservations for the Silver Saddle Room. Quiet there, sames great food, but more intimate atmosphere, with only about 10 tables.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More questions... Food help please

Best coffee? Well greatest view is Starbucks! But best coffee is Red Rock Coffee! I just love the flavor and the heart design that they place in your latte! I love Nic's in Cottonwood also for excellent food and steaks and seafood! Specials on Mondays, tuesdays, and Wednesdays with martinis and 1/2 off of a bottle of wine. Check their website! I agree the Dan's or Elote are just awesome!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More questions... Food help please

Regarding the other places mentioned in the OP.

Ken' Creekside used to be pretty good. Most of my local friends agree that there are lots of other choices for comparable food at a better price. It appears that the large percentage of clients at Ken's are visitors who find it convenient in the Uptown/Gallery district. Locals aren't going back as much as they used to.

Sound Bites is the former owner of Market Place in VOC. Again, it appears that they are attracting mostly tourists. Reports I get are mediocre food with a variety of entertainment each night.

Barking Frog is another arm of the Cowboy Club, with a West Sedona address. Good food, a little pricey.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More questions... Food help please

Oh yes, Harry's Hideaway is wonderful. Romance? Dan's!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More questions... Food help please

You guys are awesome... Thanks!!!

8. Re: More questions... Food help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:20