We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most scenic hike in Sedona area?

Virginia
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Most scenic hike in Sedona area?

Hi- We're headed to Sedona/Grand Canyon tomorrow - can't wait! We have reservations at the Cozy Cactus Monday-Wednesday night, and at Bright Angel Lodge at the Grand Canyon on Thursday night.

We are doing a hot air balloon ride on Tuesday morning, but other than that, our days are wide open. I love hiking - especially where there is gorgeous scenery (which I know is everywhere out there!). My question - which is your favorite/most scenic hike?

We're debating heading to the Grand Canyon Monday before checking in at Sedona, since the weather at the canyon looks better on Monday than on Thursday/Friday (35% cloud cover and chance of a thunderstorm those days) and I want to hike the South Kaibab trail. Is it worth it to take a day away from Sedona to do this to make sure we have a good day at the Grand Canyon?

Thanks - I'm SO excited!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,241 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most scenic hike in Sedona area?

Don't fret about the weather at the GCNP. It will be fine.

In Sedona, hike at Red Rock Crossing, Brins Mesa and West Fork in Oak Creek Canyon.

Say hi to my friend Lori at Cozy Cactus. If you need a massage, she is excellent.

Virginia
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most scenic hike in Sedona area?

Thanks for the tip - I'm always up for a good massage!

I'll definitely look into those hikes - I've heard of the West Fork/Oak Creek Canyon hike, but not the others.

As for Grand Canyon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :) Question though about being prepared for the weather. It looks now like the weather on Friday is supposed to only be a high of mid-fifties, lows in the 30's. Will it be significantly warmer on the South Kaibab trail as we go down? Trying to figure out what to wear/bring.......

Thanks again!

3. Re: Most scenic hike in Sedona area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 20:19